Chicago @ Los Angeles

Heads22

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
We're pretty much stuck with JP until the end of the year. He can hit .150 and he'll still get his ABs. Pretty terrible.

NL 2.0 can't create his 2003 marlins offense without Juan Pierre. I am surprised we haven't made a move to get Castillo.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2011 -> 05:16 AM)
If they call Viciedo up, could they get away with Alexei at lead off, and Teahen at 3B?

God, I hate this organization. Absolutely no margin for error.

I hate this current team for finding a way to fall out of it in one month.

I just need to adjust to the fact it's still baseball and to try to enjoy each individual game. At some point there will be wholesale changes and that will be interesting, too.

and you all thought the last 3 games meant they turned it around

this is what a team full of mental midgets will look like, they'll look impressive for 2-3 games and then s*** the bed for a couple weeks

this.team.was.done.last.week.

QUOTE (Real @ May 11, 2011 -> 05:29 AM)
and you all thought the last 3 games meant they turned it around

this is what a team full of mental midgets will look like, they'll look impressive for 2-3 games and then s*** the bed for a couple weeks

this.team.was.done.last.week.

I don't think any of us thought it was turned around.

Actually this is a decent road trip so far.

Problem is like you say the team became irrelevant last week.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 10, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)
I'm not giving up on the Sox until it's apparent they can't get to .500 by the break.

They better start on some amazing run to get to that 500mark. They have a good amount of wins to pick up by then.

Offense back to s***. They of course get a pass because the pitching sucked tonight.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 11, 2011 -> 05:45 AM)
you need to come up with a new take. this one is tired.

OK. I'll bury that word tonight.

Though you must admit, what a tiny game thread.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 11, 2011 -> 02:04 AM)
Completely do-able w/ this team. Can you imagine if we had Viciedo in LF instead of Pierre?

KW will have no other choice if this team obviously isn't competitive at the ASB.

The other big concern is leading off with Ramirez, Rios or possibly Lillibridge/Teahen. There aren't many good options. Beckham's simply not walking enough to be there...they're better off leaving him at the bottom of the line-up where there's no pressure until he gets his confidence back and/or the games become less and less meaningful, except as spoiler games and auditioning for 2012.

Edited by caulfield12