The Humber v B-Mac Spectacular

Steve9347

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the White Sox call their upper deck seats?

I like the idea of the A's, having the whole thing be the "Value Deck"...wonder why the White Sox haven't cut the prices even further than they have for those seats which have traditionally been hard to get rid of.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
That was almost the first time I've ever seen the fake to 3B work

Except for Black Jack McDowell a few times, I've never seen it work.

Didn't he fake to 3B once, and throw it between his legs on the ground to 1B and get an out once?

Nasty curveball, that was 17 consecutive games Suzuki had gone without striking out before that AB.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2011 -> 11:38 PM)
What do the White Sox call their upper deck seats?

I like the idea of the A's, having the whole thing be the "Value Deck"...wonder why the White Sox haven't cut the prices even further than they have for those seats which have traditionally been hard to get rid of.

Empty.

Didn't realize AJ had only 6 K's in 120 AB's. About the same number of walks, and very little hard contact.

Horrible AB by Dunn there.

Textbook display on driving a curveball into RF by Paulie. He's just become a "professional" hitter and is now so much more relaxed when dealing with adversity. I think a lot of it has to do with gaining perspective by getting married and having a family. Just a theory.

Starting to feel sorry for the Twins. Down 2-0 in the 9th, Nathan just gave up another bomb to Bautista and a hit following that. 7.30 ERA for one of the most expensive closers in all of baseball. And yet he's a decent candidate for a comeback in 2012 as that's the normal timetable after TJ Surgery. Twins will be 12-24 if they end up losing.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:48 PM)
Didn't realize AJ had only 6 K's in 120 AB's. About the same number of walks, and very little hard contact.

Horrible AB by Dunn there.

Textbook display on driving a curveball into RF by Paulie. He's just become a "professional" hitter and is now so much more relaxed when dealing with adversity. I think a lot of it has to do with gaining perspective by getting married and having a family. Just a theory.

Aside from the occasional hr, Aj has always been best when he just makes weak contact, flipping the ball over the SS.

We discovered the $12 jumbo ticket for the A's- and the $6 value scored us beer + peanuts for the two of us. If you buy the upper deck tickets, they have a food kiosk set up for the cheapskates- $5 menu- including the beer. I normally have much better tickets- over the dugout or diamond club- but I truly enjoyed the nosebleed view over home plate. Plus, we got free jerseys (really nice) for the freebie of the day.

Why can't the White Sox do this? $12 upper deck tickets, a $6 food/value option included, and then a giveaway/promotional item nearly every night???

Tonight, they're yellow A's beanies/knit hats for the cold weather up there.

They also have a number of $2 games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2011 -> 02:57 AM)
We discovered the $12 jumbo ticket for the A's- and the $6 value scored us beer + peanuts for the two of us. If you buy the upper deck tickets, they have a food kiosk set up for the cheapskates- $5 menu- including the beer. I normally have much better tickets- over the dugout or diamond club- but I truly enjoyed the nosebleed view over home plate. Plus, we got free jerseys (really nice) for the freebie of the day.

Why can't the White Sox do this? $12 upper deck tickets, a $6 food/value option included, and then a giveaway/promotional item nearly every night???

Tonight, they're yellow A's beanies/knit hats for the cold weather up there.

They also have a number of $2 games.

Because we're middle of the pack in attendance as opposed to dead last.

Great recovery by Sweeney.

That's at least 2 times tonight Omar just doesn't have that extra gear (the other was a foul ball down the line he barely missed), and you can't blame it for ANY 43 or 44 year old, it's amazing he's still playing any position besides DH/1B/P.

That's also career hit 2811 for Vizquel. 14th all-time in games played.

McCarthy has only given up that double to Vizquel that Barton barely missed, and Beckham hit the ball hard to RF, but he really shouldn't be 4 runs down except for the walk and error on the throw when he had Pierre picked off.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Because we're middle of the pack in attendance as opposed to dead last.

20th isn't much to brag about when we have a Top 5 payroll.

What's most astounding is Cleveland at 30th with 14,640 per game with the best and most exciting team in baseball....and the Rays at 29th with 16,311.

They did have 33,700 tonight in CLE, fireworks night. And 11,000 walk-up for a game last week, as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
20th isn't much to brag about when we have a Top 5 payroll.

What's most astounding is Cleveland at 30th with 14,640 per game with the best and most exciting team in baseball....and the Rays at 29th with 16,311.

We also have the 2nd most expensive average tix in the league IIRC. there's a reason the sox don't try to sell the stadium out, they've made a different and valid business decision for their franchise