THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Quin

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ May 14, 2011 -> 05:35 AM)
Nice to have a bullpen! I think Hawk is starting to come out of his depression a bit. Nice to hear the Wimparoo!

Yes it was nice to hear Wimpy. Memories of the 1990's all game long and they top it off with a win. Let's get 2 more and head back home!

Pitched well but could certainly be argued that we won a game in which we were outplayed. Good teams get wins like this, glad we had one go our way. Happy to have another WGN broadcast that I can see here in Memphis.

QUOTE (CarlosMartinez @ May 13, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
Yes it was nice to hear Wimpy. Memories of the 1990's all game long and they top it off with a win. Let's get 2 more and head back home!

Stone is a great color guy, but Wimpy seems to fit with Hawk better. Wimpy just seems positive which can help Hawk when he gets pissed off and quiet during a losing streak.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 13, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
I just learned Sergio's nickname in middle school was The Wizard.

Thoughts on a nickname of The Wiz? The Wizard?

I think a caller to the Score suggested the Mexican Assassin. Sounded cool to me, but is probably in bad taste with real people getting assassinated in Mexico all too frequently. I don't like Wiz because it reminds me of taking a piss. The Wizard works for me!

QUOTE (Jake @ May 14, 2011 -> 04:41 AM)
Pitched well but could certainly be argued that we won a game in which we were outplayed. Good teams get wins like this, glad we had one go our way. Happy to have another WGN broadcast that I can see here in Memphis.

Good win.

I don't know about being outplayed by much. Oakland had one decent inning. Funny how other teams load the bases with nobody out and find a way to score 3 minimum though.

It could easily have been an extra innings loss if we were still playing horribly.

Oakland steals home to tie it and eventually wins it in a walkoff.

None of us would have been surprised at that outcome.

Horrible offense tonight, though. Lot of horrible pop ups and bad at bats.

So what though. Sox won. A great win considering the opponent.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 14, 2011 -> 04:50 AM)
Thank you Coco Crisp for your attempt at stealing home (Well done, AJ!!!).:gosox1:

I can't believe how well that worked out for the Sox.

Perfect pitch for that situation. Nice tag by AJ.

AJ had a good defensive game tonight, although obviously he still can't throw anybody out on steal attempts.

I can't believe how well that worked out for the Sox.

Perfect pitch for that situation. Nice tag by AJ.

AJ had a good defensive game tonight, although obviously he still can't throw anybody out on steal attempts.

Wow.

I love the win, but not sure what you were watching.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14, 2011 -> 05:57 AM)
Wow.

I love the win, but not sure what you were watching.

It was a fastball and AJ caught it and applied the tag. If it woulda been some bad breaking ball, Crisp is safe.

You have an aggressive style of posting.