Most ignored SoxTalk poster

Jerksticks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:02 AM)
The ignore thing is dumb anyways, have you ever tinkered with it? You can still see that the person posted something, you just cant read it.. and if you wanted to read it you can just click reveal or something and see it..

It would be a lot better if it just made whatever they said invisible, and you couldn't see anything from them..

And if I had to guess, ide say greg is prolly ignored by the most people.. although sometimes his nonsensical rants are entertaining

I completely agree with this.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:41 AM)
I came into this thread to see if there was an answer but I don't see any posts at all?

Nicely played :lolhitting

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 19, 2011 -> 03:06 AM)
Yeah, let's do it. I ignore 0 people.

My two are greg and caulfield.

With caulfield, it's entirely about average length of posts. He seems like an intelligent guy, but his posts are basically a huge run-on sentence. There doesn't seem to be much order to them and they just go on and on. I will admit that I will occasionally un-hide his posts if a thread is interesting enough that I want to get everyone's feedback in it.

I don't think greg even needs an explanation.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
Just a little warning here... let's be careful to avoid telling the world which specific posters you have on Ignore. Might be interpereted as insulting.

That's why I asked last night if it was fine to do it. Nobody said it wasn't, so I took that as the go-ahead.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 19, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
That's why I asked last night if it was fine to do it. Nobody said it wasn't, so I took that as the go-ahead.

No big deal, that's why it was just a friendly warning. I wasn't on here last night to respond, others may not have been either.

Its fine to talk about Ignoring features, but getting into saying "I ignore these people" really could come off as insulting. I personally wouldn't care, but others might. I guess I'm just saying... use caution.

I get pissed when someone new decides to post, because I have to spend another 30 seconds and put another person on ignore.

I suggest you try it - the ignoring everybody. It's pretty great having your own message board to post on.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 19, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
I get pissed when someone new decides to post, because I have to spend another 30 seconds and put another person on ignore.

I suggest you try it - the ignoring everybody. It's pretty great having your own message board to post on.

I agree wite, this is awesome!

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 19, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
So are there people who can't even see this thread? Mind blow, thread lost in space.

Nope, they can see it

And even if you are ignored, it still shows your display name and where you posted.. you just cant read the post unless you hit a button that will show what you said..

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 19, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
No big deal, that's why it was just a friendly warning. I wasn't on here last night to respond, others may not have been either.

Its fine to talk about Ignoring features, but getting into saying "I ignore these people" really could come off as insulting. I personally wouldn't care, but others might. I guess I'm just saying... use caution.

Sounds good. I wouldn't be insulted either. In fact, I kind of want to know.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 19, 2011 -> 08:18 AM)
I can see two different types of "ignore" posters. One who just rambles (as TRU alluded to) but at times has a fair point or one who just post their say, but really offers nothing more to the board (won't bring your I.Q. down or this board's quality down in any convo.. sports, politics, etc., but won't bring it up either) and is just your "average guy" no more, no less.

The only thing I'll say is, IMO, Brian has got to be the quietest 20K poster on this site. It seems he is never noticed even with all those post and being a regular, at least to me observing. (hell I still see YASNY noticed, and he posts like once every 3-4 weeks now-a-days) He's not ignored in a bad way, but ignored as in he really doesn't stand out on his style of posting as the others here, even with solid points. Well you don't have to worry anymore Brian... I just noticed you.

Brian never posts in PHT. That's pretty much why he goes unnoticed. Kyle and Greasywheels are in the same boat. All three are some of the best posters around.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 19, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
Brian never posts in PHT. That's pretty much why he goes unnoticed. Kyle and Greasywheels are in the same boat. All three are some of the best posters around.

3 awful humans right there.

QUOTE (Maxwell @ May 20, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)
I wish I could ignore some of the mods and admin. I'd rather not read the exuded arrogance or observe them not following their own rules.

s***'s about to get raw in here!

I use the ignore function but not because someone is a poor poster, it is usually good posters who we've happened to be on opposite sides of a couple threads and I'd rather allow things to die down. Currently I have Milkman on ignore, but "peek" at a few of his posts in some threads, just not in the 'buster.

Now a feature I would really like is a force ignore where I could have some people ignore my posts.

I wish I could ignore some of the mods and admin. I'd rather not read the exuded arrogance or observe them not following their own rules.

Behind the scenes, mods and admins who do not follow the rules get blasted pretty hard by the others. One thing to consider, because we spend a lot of time discussing what is allowed and what is not allowed, we know where the line is and can do a very nice job of toeing the line. Speaking for myself, I have stepped over that line and was suspended for it. And please use the report a post feature when you believe anyone, including a mod, is ignoring the rules.

If we were the types of mods/admins you seem to think we are... or if this were a site that was actually restrictive like WSI (nothing against that, its just their preferred style)... then you wouldn't even be able to read these responses to your posts, would you?

Carry on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 20, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
If we were the types of mods/admins you seem to think we are... or if this were a site that was actually restrictive like WSI (nothing against that, its just their preferred style)... then you wouldn't even be able to read these responses to your posts, would you?

Carry on.

Am I slow? I thought he was being sarcastic.