White Sox at Rangers, 7:05, CSN

iamshack

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 25, 2011 -> 12:03 AM)
I'd rather deal with a young kid that has shown flashes of brilliance and CAN dominate at times rather than an old mop-up pitcher who can't do anything right and has no chance.

Tony Pena is 29. He's not old. He just sucks.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sale just isn't fooling hitters. AJP kept calling for fastballs, even though you could see Moreland beginning to time him. I never would have thought I'd say this last year, but I think Sale has all the makings of a bust of a draft pick. His arm angle is terrible for facing righties.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:13 AM)
I'll cut Sale some slack. He was in college this time last year. He should go down for a while and get his mojo back.

Do you think Sox brass tries to get him to change his arm angle?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Do you think Sox brass tries to get him to change his arm angle?

I hope not. He's been struggling since Spring Training to find his release. At least his velocity has shown improvement, that's the only thing keeping him competitive right now. Like Hawk said, if you can't throw a breaking ball for a strike you're going to get molested in the big leagues.

Josh Hamilton has a weird swing. It seems like he has no shot to make solid contact ever and yet the ball jumps off his bat.

It's a shame he'll probably be out of baseball in a few years. His body is so fragile....

QUOTE (bobryansson @ May 25, 2011 -> 05:19 AM)
I'm impressed there are 44 of us here.

Sale looked way better after Coop talked to him. Yes, I know it was a LH hitter.

We have nobody to replace Sale if he were sent down, particularly if, as should happen, Peña goes away.

Ohman can fill whatever role Sale had. Predictably, long relief is a concern. Humber will probably be that guy soon.