Sox at Texas series finale May 25 Game Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
It's funny, cause Ozzie calls for bunts in early game situations and you completely support it.

I don't always want to bunt in early game situations.

I already said if I had my way Ozzie wouldn't be our manager today.

The start of the season was ridiculous. First time in a long time my team was out of it before June.

Dropping games night after night was absurd as the losses piled up.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
2 runs is nothing if you want to beat Texas. Offense has to be consistent against these strong opponents, as our pitching isn't going to hold them down.

The problem is the offense is so inconsistent. CJ Wilson has 5 K's through 3 innings so at least he is throwing a good amount of pitches. The Sox really can give an entire game away liek they did Monday. I understand ther are good pitchers but some games they do not even give themselves a chance.

Floyd is all over the place although Beckham cost him that inning.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
The problem is the offense is so inconsistent. CJ Wilson has 5 K's through 3 innings so at least he is throwing a good amount of pitches. The Sox really can give an entire game away liek they did Monday. I understand ther are good pitchers but some games they do not even give themselves a chance.

Floyd is all over the place although Beckham cost him that inning.

So true. Sox have been shut out sooo many times and no runs yet today.

This offense can't continue to get shut out on average about once a week. Sounds simple enough, but they're not even giving the Sox a chance to win when they no show. Oh, and get Viciedo up here immediately to help against LHP.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
This offense can't continue to get shut out on average about once a week. Sounds simple enough, but they're not even giving the Sox a chance to win when they no show. Oh, and get Viciedo up here immediately to help against LHP.

I've turned off today's game cause like somebody said the team is so inconsistent this truly to me looks like one of those blah games where the Sox will get shut out.

Maybe I'll be good luck turning it off for now.

I'm not in the mood to see it. Last night I wanted to watch every pitch once the Bulls disaster ended.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)

But, our pitching staff shoud be able to keep teams down, but absolutely the offense has been very inconsistent

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:17 PM)
But, our pitching staff shoud be able to keep teams down, but absolutely the offense has been very inconsistent

Our pitching staff has a 3.05 ERA in May, 3rd best in the AL. Lately, they have been keeping teams down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
Our pitching staff has a 3.05 ERA in May, 3rd best in the AL. Lately, they have been keeping teams down.

I was referring to this road trip against some hard hitting teams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)

Actually that was my point. But, you said it better