Sox vs BoSox Memorial Day Game Thread 5-30-11

Soxfest

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
Has Rios put together 3 consecutive/solid at bats since the opening Cleveland series?

He had a good game in Tampa and one at home against Minnesota I believe. He grounds out to SS so often due to his swing. He's made some good contact on pitches he drives to right, but he doesn't have enough power to get it over the outfielder's head.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
Like I said, I pray but I don't think they'll ever be answered.

Which BTW, is anyone interested in an authentic Beckham black jersey size 48? I could go as low as $75. For those unaware, a 48 is like a L/XL. I have too many jerseys. And yes, this is authentic; I bought it for $225. It's not one of those fake $60 things.

You should take this to the ticket exchange. Though you've picked a bad time to want to sell it. lol.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
He had a good game in Tampa and one at home against Minnesota I believe. He grounds out to SS so often due to his swing. He's made some good contact on pitches he drives to right, but he doesn't have enough power to get it over the outfielder's head.

I was using a bit of hyperbole. But it seems like he's incapable of this.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:42 AM)
I was using a bit of hyperbole. But it seems like he's incapable of this.

He should be watching highlights of what his stance was like 4-5 years ago. He seemed to generate a lot more bat speed when we faced him on Toronto.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
And Peavy's still out there....barf! Don't care how he does this inning, there's no reason to put more strain on his arm.

I agree this is playing Russian Roulette with JP.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
And Peavy's still out there....barf! Don't care how he does this inning, there's no reason to put more strain on his arm.

I actually like this. He's getting paid a lot of paper. Extend him as much as you can. I'm sure the 4 run cushion helps.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:46 AM)
Do the Ozzie second guessers realize Peavy is still in the game and doing well?

Greg, unless you've watched this entire game, I would suggest tonight isn't the night for you to be up Ozzie's rear end.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:48 AM)
Yes! Awesome performance from Peavy against an elite offense.

When he kept ball down, he got a lot of easy outs. Really good effort by him, let's get him the win.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
Do the Ozzie second guessers realize Peavy is still in the game and doing well?

You can't have it both ways. You say fire Ozzie or I don't care if he gets fired then want to slurp him if on a rare occasion he does something right. Do you want him gone or not?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:49 AM)
You can't have it both ways. You say fire Ozzie or I don't care if he gets fired then want to slurp him if on a rare occasion he does something right. Do you want him gone or not?

You don't actually believe that greg wants to fire Ozzie, do you? Every time he says that, he says it with the caveat that a lot of other teams would love Ozzie and that he's made more money than any of us has.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2011 -> 08:51 PM)
You don't actually believe that greg wants to fire Ozzie, do you? Every time he says that, he says it with the caveat that a lot of other teams would love Ozzie and that he's made more money than any of us has.

greg's done a 180 this year. I figured he was serious.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:53 AM)
greg's done a 180 this year. I figured he was serious.

I respect greg in that he's extremely hurt with how bad the Sox have been playing, and he wants heads to roll. I honestly don't feel like he believes Ozzie deserves to go, and that's cool with me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:49 AM)

My position is I think he's deserved to be fired this season. I think he should have been fired already.

On a personal level, I want him to manage the Sox forever. If that makes sense.