Sox vs BoSox Game Thread 5-31-11

Soxfest

Our FO and field managers may be a bit slow at times, but no way Humber performs on this stage against both the Yankees and Red Sox now and dominates them both and goes to the pen. If there was ever anything that was recognized by our FO, it's big game, big stage, big time performances. This start has cemented Humber in the rotation until he pitches his way out of it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
I don't want to hear any "we won the series" crap after the game. Sweep these punks.

+ infinity

This was the mantra in '05 and it almost cost us. I hate that lackadaisical attitude of because you win the first two games of a series that the last game is moot.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 31, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
He's been arguably the worst every day CF in baseball. Which is disgusting considering his physical talents.

He's grown into my least favorite Sox player. Friggin' clueless at the plate. And like you said...he's basically a 5-Tool player. But it's really time to sit his ass...he's a liability offensively.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:26 PM)
Our FO and field managers may be a bit slow at times, but no way Humber performs on this stage against both the Yankees and Red Sox now and dominates them both and goes to the pen. If there was ever anything that was recognized by our FO, it's big game, big stage, big time performances. This start has cemented Humber in the rotation until he pitches his way out of it.

Right on the money as usual, Shack!

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
So Humber's outing turns from good to meh. Sigh...

Statistically, yes, but in reality, he pitched very well and sort of petered out in the end there. This really does very little to dampen my enthusiasm about Phil Humber.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 31, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
Statistically, yes, but in reality, he pitched very well and sort of petered out in the end there. This really does very little to dampen my enthusiasm about Phil Humber.

Not at all. He's been a stud out there.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 31, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Sucks he doesn't get credit for a quality start, but those things even up at the end of the year. He'll get some cheap ones too.

Hey, if anything, it means we'll have to pay him less :)

QUOTE (flavum @ May 31, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Sucks he doesn't get credit for a quality start, but those things even up at the end of the year. He'll get some cheap ones too.

Ya know what sucks...normally a game like this Ozzie doesn't even let him go back out there for 8th. He just brings up 2 BP guys. Has fresh arms. But in previous history he'll yank his starter in this exact situation.