Soxfest

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
This momentum will carry the BoSox to a win tomorrow I'm sure.

I think that's a cliche that has nothing to do with what happens tomorrow. At least I hope so,

I follow these game threads from time to time and it sure seems like alot of Ozzie should have done this, KW should be fired for that. Ozzie f'd Humber. No he didn't. Who did you want him bring in with a 10-2 lead. You can't use Thornton, Crain, and Santos everyday. Here's a novel idea, how about Ohman do his job and get a lefty out? The Sox just won 2 in a row in Boston and people are b****ing about Bruney, a guy who is going to be here about a week.

If only the Sox won that last game in Texas or the third game in Toronto. This would have been a pretty good road trip if that was the case.

They still have a chance to make this a decent trip with a win tomorrow though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 31, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
If only the Sox won that last game in Texas or the third game in Toronto. This would have been a pretty good road trip if that was the case.

They still have a chance to make this a decent trip with a win tomorrow though.

Yep, I'd take 5-5 on this tough road trip. 4-6 is still acceptable. If those 2 games had gone the Sox way, it would have been back to back great road trips.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 31, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
Beckham was hitting .199 after game 57 last year. This year-.241. Improving.

So he should be up to around .400 by September?

Actually, I guess I had forgotten that he was that horrid early last year. Gotta love .241.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
So he should be up to around .400 by September?

Actually, I guess I had forgotten that he was that horrid early last year. Gotta love .241.

He's been a very good second half player the last two seasons as well, so hopefully he will replicate that. I miss the doubles to the opposite field gap, but pitchers are just not going to throw him fastballs on the outer half until he proves he can turn on pitches on the inner half and lay off that letter-high fastball. This is encouraging though.

People were pretty rough on Bruney. I don't think he was that bad. The single up the middle was a seeing-eye hit. That was very nearly playable. As for the "double", that should have been caught. I was way more pi$$ed off about Ohman giving up the homer to Ortiz. What good is this guy if he can't get the lefties? What a worthless bum.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 01:26 AM)
He's been arguably the worst every day CF in baseball. Which is disgusting considering his physical talents.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 01:57 AM)
no matter what, nice momentum shift coming into tomorrow. way to take your foot off their throat.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 1, 2011 -> 02:10 AM)
I follow these game threads from time to time and it sure seems like alot of Ozzie should have done this, KW should be fired for that. Ozzie f'd Humber. No he didn't. Who did you want him bring in with a 10-2 lead. You can't use Thornton, Crain, and Santos everyday. Here's a novel idea, how about Ohman do his job and get a lefty out? The Sox just won 2 in a row in Boston and people are b****ing about Bruney, a guy who is going to be here about a week.

1.) Rios is bad. Very bad.

2.) Maybe. I don't know about that momentum stuff. You could look at it the other way, like Boston feels discouraged it didn't complete the comeback. You're probably right though. We'll play a s***ty lineup. We rarely sweep people.

3.) Best post of the thread.