Despicable

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (since56 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
How about an outfield of Quentin in left, Lillibridge in center, and Viciedo in right? With Lillibridge leading off. Not any worse defensively and better offensively.

Rios is actually starting to hit! Leave that man in the lineup for now!

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
I will take one of these losses in every 4-game series if that means they are the "1" when we win them 3-1.

Realistically, we didn't deserve to win the first game of the series, and Oakland didn't deserve the second. It evens itself out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
Realistically, we didn't deserve to win the first game of the series, and Oakland didn't deserve the second. It evens itself out.

I keep seeing everyone posting this...and I didn't see that game, but I was following it online and saw we won like 9-4 or 9-5 or something. How do you win by that score and not deserve it?

There were THAT many dink hits?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
I keep seeing everyone posting this...and I didn't see that game, but I was following it online and saw we won like 9-4 or 9-5 or something. How do you win by that score and not deserve it?

we got the lead off of those kind of hits, then we began hammering the ball later in the game.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)

Dink hits, BB with bases loaded, HBPs, dropped foul ball that led to runs... Realistically, we didn't deserve that game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Dink hits, BB with bases loaded, HBPs, dropped foul ball that led to runs... Realistically, we didn't deserve that game.

Well that sounds like we took advantage of our opportunities and the A's played a very poor game...not that we didn't deserve to win it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)

Oh, so the team that was outscored by 5, walked guys with the bases loaded, and dropped foul balls deserved to win. That usually makes sense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)

Did we deserve to win the 3rd game of the series? No clutch hits, scoring on WPs & errors, and having to take back home runs to win the game. It doesn't matter how you win though, just get it done

I could only imagine where the team would be in the standings if we had won the Santos meltdown game and the one Peavy got the groin strain (there was no doubt we were going to win that one)... that could have been us trailing only by 1.5 GB... how frustrating

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)
I could only imagine where the team would be in the standings if we had won the Santos meltdown game and the one Peavy got the groin strain (there was no doubt we were going to win that one)... that could have been us trailing only by 1.5 GB... how frustrating

We can play this game all day.

Imagine Matt Thornton and Juan Pierre don't conspire to blow those games against Oakland and Tampa Bay in the 2nd/3rd week of the season? If that team from the first week was able to sustain it's momentum, they would be easily 10-14 games over .500.

But we went through a lot of road games and outings against some of the best starting pitchers in the AL for a 2-3 week span. In all fairness, Cleveland's slump (4-14) has almost equalled our own, it's just that they were all the way to 15 games over .500 instead of just 7-4.

If you go by that +/- runs scored differential, we're a slightly below average baseball team...which is exactly where we're at in the standings as well. It all evens out over the course of the season. Undoubtedly, SF won't keep up a negative number in that category while being well over the .500 mark.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Oh, so the team that was outscored by 5, walked guys with the bases loaded, and dropped foul balls deserved to win. That usually makes sense.

I'm looking at what we did to deserve to win it. The score was really not accurate as to the game that was played on the field. We got lucky as hell.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 10:23 PM)
Did we deserve to win the 3rd game of the series? No clutch hits, scoring on WPs & errors, and having to take back home runs to win the game. It doesn't matter how you win though, just get it done

Good point. Those are the games everyone forgets about. Instead everyone remembers Santos giving up four in the 9th with two outs, two strikes, and no one on base.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 12, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)

My point is in talking about these other games is that it is just as easy to find the games we had no business winning. Over a season, it all equals out.

IMO, nobody ever deserves to win a game they do not win. We didn't deserve to win Friday, we blew a two run lead with two outs, nobody on, 0-2 count. No way do we deserve that win. If teams were only given wins on games their fanbase thinks they deserved, overall league record would be well below .500. You'd have plenty of games where two losses were assigned. Team that scores the most deserves to win, as that is the objective.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
IMO, nobody ever deserves to win a game they do not win. We didn't deserve to win Friday, we blew a two run lead with two outs, nobody on, 0-2 count. No way do we deserve that win. If teams were only given wins on games their fanbase thinks they deserved, overall league record would be well below .500. You'd have plenty of games where two losses were assigned. Team that scores the most deserves to win, as that is the objective.

So I am glad to see one person here will never complain about games we should have won.