Despicable

Jordan4life_2007

A rookie pitcher by the name of Gilbert Godfrey vs Javy 2.0. And even though Edwin is mediocre, that should be a win. Up 5-3 in the 9th with two outs and nobody on and Sergio morphs into Billy Koch. This type of loss distorts an entire season. And f*** damn will Ozzie f***ing bench Juan Pierre. What the f*** does he offer? I can't stand these two inept idiots. No reason at all to believe Viciedo can't duplicate what Mark Trumbo has done for the Angels. I hate this organization.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with Jordan tonight.

Changes are way overdue.

Bring up Viciedo now.

Sergio's status as closer will be in jeopardy if he ever returns to the mound with that horrible stuff again.

Problem is Sale and Thornton can't do it. Crain is not good enough.

It's truly Sergio or nothing. We may have to rest him more or something, cause it's puzzling how he had nothing tonight.

I wouldn't be so mad if we ever won games like teams do against us.

If we're down 4 in the sixth, forget it.

Two in the ninth? Ha. We're cooked.

It's just frustating that we had this one in the bag and let it loose.... we are quite fortunate that this is a s***ty division. I still see optimism surround the teams chances... Detroit now goes up vs Pineda/Hernandez and Clevelands got 3 more vs the Yankees. So we can trim this down to 2.5

Crain is not good enough

Well i sure dont think Santos is the answer and maybe not Crain but i would love to give him a CHANCE,i would rather give up 4 runs to the other team if they HIT the ball but come on 4 walks sorry this is the MAJOR LEAGUE and its not cause of today santos always had control problems,and yes JP has to go start Liilibrige in left!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
Why even insult Edwin? He had nothing to do with this loss. Should have gotten the W.

Maybe we are supposed to take the question "how did we lose this game?" literally? Because I don't think you know.

That's exactly what I was going to say. Jackson was winning when he left, hell Jackson was winning with 26 outs in the books, and 0 runners on base. Blame Santos, Blame Ozzie, Blame our offense who couldn't do jacks*** with RISP. Don't blame the guy who gave you 6 innings of 2 run ball.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
Blame our offense who couldn't do jacks*** with RISP. Don't blame the guy who gave you 6 innings of 2 run ball.

How many runs do they have to score to compensate for a potential bullpen loss and JP's defense? I'm going to go with 8.

A loss is a loss, but these are like the worst kind... at least when you're losing by 16 runs in the 5th inning you can just kind of laugh at how comically bad it is and chalk it up as one game, but these feel like a punch in the stomach.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 04:08 AM)
Why even insult Edwin? He had nothing to do with this loss. Should have gotten the W.

Maybe we are supposed to take the question "how did we lose this game?" literally? Because I don't think you know.

This isn't a flame, but are you concerned he only had one strike out against the pathetic A's?

What's up with that? I didn't see the game til right after he exited. Has he still got good stuff?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 01:05 AM)
This isn't a flame, but are you concerned he only had one strike out against the pathetic A's?

What's up with that? I didn't see the game til right after he exited. Has he still got good stuff?

I am concerned about edwin. Edwin has not looked very good in a while now. This was a better start for Edwin than the last. All I hope for is improvement.

He didn't express concern, was my point, he called him javy v2, which doesn't seem appropriate on a night like this. Edwin at least has some heart. He fought for it, and ended up doing alright.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 01:08 AM)
I am concerned about edwin. Edwin has not looked very good in a while now. This was a better start for Edwin than the last. All I hope for is improvement.

He didn't express concern, was my point, he called him javy v2, which doesn't seem appropriate on a night like this. Edwin at least has some heart. He fought for it, and ended up doing alright.

He hasn't had a good slider recently, so he's basically had to rely on just his fastball, which doesn't move.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 01:10 AM)
He hasn't had a good slider recently, so he's basically had to rely on just his fastball, which doesn't move.

That is reasonable. I hope his slider comes back. Unforuntately, I only get to listen to most of them games, and watch at most 3 or so a week. I just know that he has had control problems.

Javy, on the other hand seems to have a reputation among sox fans as having problems between the ears. I don't think its fair to say that Edwin's problems are similar.

I understand the frustration on the OP's part. It was a very frustrating game for us fans. I just don't like bearing witness to the extra negativity here.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)
That is reasonable. I hope his slider comes back. Unforuntately, I only get to listen to most of them games, and watch at most 3 or so a week. I just know that he has had control problems.

Javy, on the other hand seems to have a reputation among sox fans as having problems between the ears. I don't think its fair to say that Edwin's problems are similar.

I understand the frustration on the OP's part. It was a very frustrating game for us fans. I just don't like bearing witness to the extra negativity here.

Yeah, I agree. Edwin has his own set of problems, but these aren't his. He's battled through 3 starts now where he didn't have much other than his fastball, and in two of them, he's held the opponents to 2 runs. We could have won both of these games and definitely should have won this one.

Very, very tough loss. Especially since we could have been 4.5 games back, and also gained ground on the Tigers. But reality is these types of losses happen a couple times a season. We've been on the other end of it (comeback against KC that was very similar comes to mind), but not as much as I'd like.