Floyd @ twinkies 6/15 7:10pm CST

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 01:19 AM)
Teams that are constructed around Thome, Kubel, Morneau, and Mauer are not singles hitting teams. They are a line drive hitting team that is constructed around a left handed attack.

But, they aren't all in the game and left handed or not they hit a lot of doubles except for Jimbo. Plus these other little pesky gnats on the Twinks get the singles. Left handed or not that's what they do

The typical Twins versus Sox pitch selection.

1st pitch fastball down the cock. We take it, and we always take that pitch. Even Steve Stone says wouldnt you think about looking for it.

2nd pitch through the out. Sweeping breaking pitches and fastballs low and away. Occasionally they will go up and in. But for the most part its on the outside of the zone, and its slow and moving away. We go fishing and get ourselves out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Have we had any righties hit a ball to the right side tonight?

Joe Mays and the Twins years ago figured out the formula years ago. Nick Blackburn will have a stellar game as he features his slider away tomorrow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
Defeated before we even take the field

What I simply don't get is that they were destroying us in late 2008 and almost knocked us out....especially after the infamous Carlos Gomez/Jenks blown save game.

And then we won Game 163, you'd have thought that turned things around.

I guess the Thome game-winner against Thornton and the Jenks blown save against them are just imbedded in their minds.

Do you have any confidence that Santos could go out there and hold a lead against them?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
Joe Mays and the Twins years ago figured out the formula years ago. Nick Blackburn will have a stellar game as he features his slider away tomorrow.

Don't forget one of Hawk's greatest crushes of all-time, Brad Radke.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)

Cy Mays those were bad days.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
What I simply don't get is that they were destroying us in late 2008 and almost knocked us out....especially after the infamous Carlos Gomez/Jenks blown save game.

And then we won Game 163, you'd have thought that turned things around.

I guess the Thome game-winner against Thornton and the Jenks blown save against them are just imbedded in their minds.

Do you have any confidence that Santos could go out there and hold a lead against them?

Of course not.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
I hate Luongo!

I just hate anything that has to do with Boston. Don't even like hockey or even know a single player on the Bruins. I only know Luongo and the Sedins on Vancouver.