7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
This offense is just pathetic. It generally doesn't have much trouble getting a runner or two on base, but the moment that happens, there's basically no chance of a hit and a great chance of a double play, pop up or strikeout.

You know your team sucks when people are hoping for a Dunn K with one out instead of a DP.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Watching Quentin this year, he sure doesn't seem like an All Star. Now Konerko, that's a freaking All Star

Quentin is only an all-star because of a bad system. He remains extremely inconsistent.

lol

what frustrates me the most is people believing in this team, the writing is on the wall and has been all year: THEY CAN'T BEAT THE TEAMS IN THEIR DIVISION.

stop thinking this team is better than they are, they aren't winning the division, the twins are gonna win 2 of 3, or sweep us after this series. don't be surprised when it happens, either

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
lol

what frustrates me the most is people believing in this team, the writing is on the wall and has been all year: THEY CAN'T BEAT THE TEAMS IN THEIR DIVISION.

stop thinking this team is better than they are, they aren't winning the division, the twins are gonna win 2 of 3, or sweep us after this series. don't be surprised when it happens, either

The twins will will all four or three of four. Bank it.

Our only hope is in Game One. If they win game one, they take all 4.

I would have been happier had we just gotten no-hit.

At least then there would have been some pressure on the coaching staff, some embarrassment and humiliation.

POSTGAME CALL

FIRE GREG WALKER....HOW CAN WE NOT FREAKING HIT BRUCE CHEN????????????????

Rongey, well.....Chen's 5-2, he's got an ERA close to 3.00, he's tough. That's FIVE, count 'em FIVE, major league teams he's beaten this season. He's a lot like Jamie Moyer or Tim Wakefield. He can throw hitters' timing off for weeks. Look what he did to Konerko, our best hitter and someone who's been totally locked in for 18 months. At one point, Bruce was the top-ranked pitching prospect in the game when he was coming up with the Braves.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Rays up 7-5 now in the 8th

Angels up 1-0 on DET and threatening..

Best. Division. Ever.

edit: 3-0 LAA in the 1st

I'll give the White Sox credit for winning most of the series they have played in over the last 2 months, but this team would be winning the division if they could actually win 9 of 10. Sadly, with an offense this bad, that seems to unrealistic.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Edwin back out there for some reason. At 105 pitches to start the inning.

his next start is in over a week why not

also I think the Sox take 3 of 4 or sweep the Twins

I am not sure why but maybe this is the wake up call

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:03 PM)
I would have been happier had we just gotten no-hit.

At least then there would have been some pressure on the coaching staff, some embarrassment and humiliation.

POSTGAME CALL

FIRE GREG WALKER....HOW CAN WE NOT FREAKING HIT BRUCE CHEN????????????????

Rongey, well.....Chen's 5-2, he's got an ERA close to 3.00, he's tough. That's FIVE, count 'em FIVE, major league teams he's beaten this season. He's a lot like Jamie Moyer or Tim Wakefield. He can throw hitters' timing off for weeks. Look what he did to Konerko, our best hitter and someone who's been totally locked in for 18 months. At one point, Bruce was the top-ranked pitching prospect in the game when he was coming up with the Braves.

To not fire Walker at the all star break after the upcoming Twins embarrassment will be a slap in the face of any fan who pays the outrageous prices of modern day baseball to support this team.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:04 PM)

I'll laugh if he gives up 1 more here and we wind up scoring 4 and lose by one.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:05 PM)
To not fire Walker at the all star break after the upcoming Twins embarrassment will be a slap in the face of any fan who pays the outrageous prices of modern day baseball to support this team.

I agree wholeheartedly.

We have a league avg offense. And its still pathetic. How you could have a team that supposedly "underachieves" and you havent made any changes is beyond me. Most clubs that perceive they arent getting enough out of their team will :

1. Bring up their top prospect who has proven he can hit MLB pitching and is raking in the minors

2. Change SOMEONE on the coaching staff.

Edwin isn't pitching in the series which helps

The last time a terrible loss to the Royals really served as an actual wake-up call was a couple of times late in the 2005 season. One was a game we blew with a huge lead, another was a bad Buerhle start.

It's disturbing that this continues and, no batting stance changes, no choking up a little to make contact, no one seemingly aware of game situations. You cant call what our coaches do, as coaching. There is no instruction thats visible to me. If they are ignoring it, they shouldn't play.

Aren't the White Sox 7-27 in their last 34 vs Minnesota? Haven't they scored just 3 ER in 4 games this season against them?

Perhaps the Sox are ready to even things out ever so slightly, but I have no reason to expect the Sox being competetive against the Twins this weekend.