7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
Again mr. Gammons what is defense? Fancy plays in the hole? How many games/runs had he cost us with bonehead plays? A lot more than he's saved

How many games has Rios had ANYTHING more than a negligible impact offensively on from July, 2010 until this current moment???

He's cost us at least a couple of games this season off the top of my head, but he clearly was the best SS in the AL defensively last year when he played next to Omar Vizquel after Teahen went down.

Alexei is making $1.9 million this season, Rios $12 million.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

f*** it, change the lineup to this:

Pierre

Ramirez

AJP

Konerko

Dunn

Quentin

Rios

Beckham

Morel

It's not like bottom of the order does anything these days the way lineup is constructed, so put AJ in front of Konerko

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
No on both. KC still sucks even though they are beating us.

I dunno. You would have Hosmer, Moustakas and Gordon and would be able to build your team from there without being saddled by the contracts of Dunn, Rios, et. all.

And their middle relief is pretty damn good with a good to great closer.

I think I'd take KC's with the ability to build from there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
f*** it, change the lineup to this:

Pierre

Ramirez

AJP

Konerko

Dunn

Quentin

Rios

Beckham

Morel

It's not like bottom of the order does anything these days the way lineup is constructed, so put AJ in front of Konerko

I have been trying to come up with different lineups but honestly there are so many damn holes they all look terrible

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
I dunno. You would have Hosmer, Moustakas and Gordon and would be able to build your team from there without being saddled by the contracts of Dunn, Rios, et. all.

And their middle relief is pretty damn good with a good to great closer.

I think I'd take KC's with the ability to build from there.

I can't disagree on the lineups switch. Other than Paulie and an inconsistent Alexei, I hate our lineup.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)
How many games has Rios had ANYTHING more than a negligible impact offensively on from July, 2010 until this current moment???

He's cost us at least a couple of games this season off the top of my head, but he clearly was the best SS in the AL defensively last year when he played next to Omar Vizquel after Teahen went down.

Alexei is making $1.9 million this season, Rios $12 million.

Dude, I swear you mention rios in everything, yes he's bad actually horrible, but I think it's hypocritical that we beat up on rios and pierre and give a pass to others

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Dude, I swear you mention rios in everything, yes he's bad actually horrible, but I think it's hypocritical that we beat up on rios and pierre and give a pass to others

Where have you been? Other than Paulie, who's been getting a pass?

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
I have been trying to come up with different lineups but honestly there are so many damn holes they all look terrible

Not calling up Viciedo has turned into a joke, as you don't even have to bench Pierre to find him at bats.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
Thus far, he's had a bad first half in '10, and a bad first half in '11. Are you prepared to evaluate this on 2 bad half-seasons?

His numbers across the board have trended downward for 3 seasons now. He's not 20 or 21. He'll be 25 soon and he was supposed to be this "advanced" hitter with a natural "feel" for the game. He's basically a fundamentally-challenged, mental midget.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
Where have you been? Other than Paulie, who's been getting a pass?

Lexi... And I've been here. I don't go bonkers on every bad play like a lot here

Not calling up Viciedo is a fireable offense.

Whoever is making that call should be fired today.

I now officially expect nothing out of Beckham except good defense. He's another Morel to me.

He's an average ballplayer, pretty blah really.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
Not calling up Viciedo is a fireable offense.

Whoever is making that call should be fired today.

I now officially expect nothing out of Beckham except good defense. He's another Morel to me.

He's an average ballplayer, pretty blah really.

Greg...chill

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Lexi... And I've been here. I don't go bonkers on every bad play like a lot here

Lexi has had an average year. It's hard to single out someone that makes 90% of the rest of the lineup look like little leaguers.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)

Because I don't think he's maximizing his God-given ability. It's a waste, a shame, however you want to describe it.

Dunn's just lost mentally. That's not about lack of effort...that's simply trying too hard and thinking too much. It just usually doesn't last for this long.

If you want to compare, except for the first 2-3 months of 2010, Rios has been lost for almost 3 years at the plate.

And his defense has deteriorated markedly this year. It's clear to everyone who follows the team closely.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
His numbers across the board have trended downward for 3 seasons now. He's not 20 or 21. He'll be 25 soon and he was supposed to be this "advanced" hitter with a natural "feel" for the game. He's basically a fundamentally-challenged, mental midget.

Dustin Ackley looks real good