7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Do we have a 2Bman in the minors who could replace Becks a couple weeks as well? He needs help.

To not call up Viciedo for the Minnie series ... it's insane. We are just conceding games it seems til we finally can call him up.

I'd have a lineup of DeAza (cf), Alexei (ss), Konerko (1b), Quentin (rf), Viciedo (DH), AJ/Castro ©, best minor leaguer we have (3b), best minor leaguer we have (2b) and Pierre (lf). Let Lilly play some; let Omar play some. Give Morel and Becks some time in AAU, two weeks or so then bring them back up if the minor leaguers are failing.

We've got exactly one guy in the minors that can upgrade the offense almost immediately. No sense in even talking about anybody else. I'm certain we have no legitimate trade assets, either. Damn shame Peavy is so combustible. I'd be all for dealing a guy like Floyd for some offense.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
We've got exactly one guy in the minors that can upgrade the offense almost immediately. No sense in even talking about anybody else. I'm certain we have no legitimate trade assets, either. Damn shame Peavy is so combustible. I'd be all for dealing a guy like Floyd for some offense.

KW should be doing all he can to trade Jackson and Floyd to get us some bats.

And figure creative ways to dump Rios/Dunn.

This Viciedo thing is all about saving pennies. When's he eligible to join the team and be under team control one more year? Is the date mercifully approaching??

Look dude, fine I just don't think he's sure handed(yeah here comes the stats). I don't have a man love with lexi that's all. Being a Latin player I know how some Latin players are raw and aren't the smartest in the field(baseball sense), that's.what I get from Lexi. Hey if you all think different I respect that but I don't always look at stats to see things, they can be deceiving, but hey to each it's own

Greg, I don't think we want to see Tyler Kuhn or Eduardo Escobar at 2B.

If anything, they'd be likely to give Omar more playing time or perhaps even Teahen out of desperation, although his defensive shortcomings and turning the double play, they'd give up that experiment in 3-5 games. Royals already tried it. Lillibridge is even more discouraging offensively than Beckham the last month.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)

Maybe DeAza, but Juan Pierre is issue #8 or 9 with this team right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)

This Viciedo thing is all about saving pennies. When's he eligible to join the team and be under team control one more year? Is the date mercifully approaching??

I'm not even sure Alex Anthopoulos could get rid of Rios or Dunn right now. And Viciedo has nothing to do with another year of team control. KW can't even spell future. As he's obliterated ours for the time being. This is all about Ozzie and everybody knows it.

Edited by Jordan4life

There needs to be some major changes made before the beginning of the four game series with the Twins tomorrow. Bring up Viciedo for sure. Make a trade, fire a coach or two, shuffle around the player's roles. Get Dunn the hell out of the three spot. DO something NOW or this season is over.

And stop slobbering all over the Twins! Kick their asses for once!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)

Dumping those 2 is gonna be tough, the team is gonna be bad for a while, I would start over instead of spending so much on free agents o would rebuild the developing part of the org, the problem is if the sox draft high they try to take the cheapest player to sign and that's a fact

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
Look dude, fine I just don't think he's sure handed(yeah here comes the stats). I don't have a man love with lexi that's all. Being a Latin player I know how some Latin players are raw and aren't the smartest in the field(baseball sense), that's.what I get from Lexi. Hey if you all think different I respect that but I don't always look at stats to see things, they can be deceiving, but hey to each it's own

Lexi is struggling badly right now, and he has been ever since he was moved out of the two hole in the lineup. I'd like to see him moved back up, personally.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
Greg, I don't think we want to see Tyler Kuhn or Eduardo Escobar at 2B.

If anything, they'd be likely to give Omar more playing time or perhaps even Teahen out of desperation, although his defensive shortcomings and turning the double play, they'd give up that experiment in 3-5 games. Royals already tried it. Lillibridge is even more discouraging offensively than Beckham the last month.

I may be wrong but Beckham can be sent down because he must have options left. Bring Viciedo up and let beckham get his stroke back in AAA.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
"Anyone who thinks this team can catch Cleveland is crazy"

Have we caught Cleveland yet?

I don't look at the standings. At some point that might change. I've been just watching our product day in and out. Haven't seen the need to look at the standings yet. Not til I'm convinced we have the team to win any division.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)

I don't look at the standings. At some point that might change. I've been just watching our product day in and out. Haven't seen the need to look at the standings yet. Not til I'm convinced we have the team to win any division.

I was referring to the White Flag trade in response to the comment that Reinsdorf was a "do-nothing" owner.

I was at the game today, made it a point to go to one while I am in the states. This was the most uninspiring and lackluster performance I've ever seen out of a baseball team, ever. These guys don't even care. And I know nothing will change in terms of making any changes, which is absolutely pathetic, and hardly "ALL IN".

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
Congratuations Chicago White Sox.

You knew coming into this series you had to start beating Central Division teams ... better yet at home.

You almost got swept by Kansas City.

You were owned by 3 KC starting pitchers, all of whom suck.

You were outplayed by a team that is AWFUL on the road.

You were outplayed by a team that has been so bad the past month it is laughable, again at home.

Congratulations boys. Nice series.

Get ready to get your asses swept by Minnesota and maybe just maybe we'll see some firings and changes to staff and player personnel both.

Getting swept by the Twins going into the all-star game may be the last straw.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
It's disturbing that this continues and, no batting stance changes, no choking up a little to make contact, no one seemingly aware of game situations. You cant call what our coaches do, as coaching. There is no instruction thats visible to me. If they are ignoring it, they shouldn't play.

Which is exactly why you cannot replace Guillen with anyone currently in the organization.

Unfortunately, the biggest ego in the organization belongs to the owner and he can't stand hearing the truth from the paying fans, the media or any astute baseball outsider. If he's not going to sell, he's got to change the paradigm because this one ain't working.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
Because I don't think he's maximizing his God-given ability. It's a waste, a shame, however you want to describe it.

Dunn's just lost mentally. That's not about lack of effort...that's simply trying too hard and thinking too much. It just usually doesn't last for this long.

If you want to compare, except for the first 2-3 months of 2010, Rios has been lost for almost 3 years at the plate.

And his defense has deteriorated markedly this year. It's clear to everyone who follows the team closely.

You can hear the laughter all the way from Toronto - this was an awful, awful acquisition.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)

The Sox can't beat Mount Carmel's baseball team.