7/6; White Sox vs Royals; WGN

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
the facts are jeter's in first place and alexi ain't

Well there you have it.

The Phillies have the best record in baseball. Clearly Ross Gload is one of the best players in baseball.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)
I was at the game today, made it a point to go to one while I am in the states. This was the most uninspiring and lackluster performance I've ever seen out of a baseball team, ever. These guys don't even care. And I know nothing will change in terms of making any changes, which is absolutely pathetic, and hardly "ALL IN".

My sympathies, sir.

You can PM me if you'd like, but I haven't been to the Cell in a while. I just wondered if you could go through the entire experience of a game at the Cell today.

How much you spent? What you ate? Drank? I'd like to know how much it cost you to watch that s***. To see a game that bad, was it still an enjoyable experience to be at the game?

Or was it horrible?

If you got your tickets for free, put what the tickets should have cost into your summary.

Thank u.

-- I agree they play like they don't care. I think it's from seeing Dunn be so bad and Rios be so bad. It's kind of contagious. You'd think one of our pitchers would kick some ass and speak up. Oh wait, one of 'em tried. I applaud Jake for at least trying.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
My sympathies, sir.

You can PM me if you'd like, but I haven't been to the Cell in a while. I just wondered if you could go through the entire experience of a game at the Cell today.

How much you spent? What you ate? Drank? I'd like to know how much it cost you to watch that s***. To see a game that bad, was it still an enjoyable experience to be at the game?

Or was it horrible?

If you got your tickets for free, put what the tickets should have cost into your summary.

Thank u.

-- I agree they play like they don't care. I think it's from seeing Dunn be so bad and Rios be so bad. It's kind of contagious. You'd think one of our pitchers would kick some ass and speak up. Oh wait, one of 'em tried. I applaud Jake for at least trying.

I paid $82 for two tickets (sec 124 row 20) on stubhub and another $100 with parking, booze and dogs. Took my Dad out there as he's getting older and I know he won't be around forever. So the social aspect was nice, but watching your team get beat down by the Royals on another lackluster performance was painful to watch.

It was awful to see them just go through the motions out there, there was no fire, no passion, nothing.

If it's not obvious by now our offense needs an injection then I must be living in the twilight zone. This pigheaded act by the entire organization needs to go. I am literally sick to be a White Sox fan now, watching this BS day in and day out with no accountability or effort to make the obvious changes to make us better. All In my ass.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 7, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
I paid $82 for two tickets (sec 124 row 20) on stubhub and another $100 with parking, booze and dogs. Took my Dad out there as he's getting older and I know he won't be around forever. So the social aspect was nice, but watching your team get beat down by the Royals on another lackluster performance was painful to watch.

It was awful to see them just go through the motions out there, there was no fire, no passion, nothing.

If it's not obvious by now our offense needs an injection then I must be living in the twilight zone. This pigheaded act by the entire organization needs to go. I am literally sick to be a White Sox fan now, watching this BS day in and day out with no accountability or effort to make the obvious changes to make us better. All In my ass.

182 bucks for one run and boring slow pitching by Edwin.

Literally not one offensive highlight.

I really think Adam Dunn sucked the life out of this team. And Rios to loaf day in and day out and get paid that kind of money with no accountability set a bad tone as well.

For Ozzie, Kenny or whomever to not make ANY changes in a season they deemed ALL IN is like you say, enough to make one sick.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)

Literally not one offensive highlight.

I really think Adam Dunn sucked the life out of this team. And Rios to loaf day in and day out and get paid that kind of money with no accountability set a bad tone as well.

For Ozzie, Kenny or whomever to not make ANY changes in a season they deemed ALL IN is like you say, enough to make one sick.

Losing 2 out of 3 to KC at home is even more sickening when you look at KCs record the last 80 to 100 road games. Its almost unbelievable.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Losing 2 out of 3 to KC at home is even more sickening when you look at KCs record the last 80 to 100 road games. Its almost unbelievable.

Realistically, it easily could have been a sweep.

Sure, it would have been a great story had Dunn gotten the job accomplished and come through big twice. Maybe not having that opportunity (with the balk) actually hurt him a little bit, mentally, to where he felt "lucky" instead of good.

With the way we've performed in extra innings, even at home you didn't feel comfortable going to the 10th inning...especially after Sergio gave the lead right back on the Hosmer blast.

And I didn't realize we'd lost 7 in a row to Minnesota. 6-26 or 7-27 is bad enough, I guess.

7-13 in the AL Central is just unacceptable (to quote Greg) for a team with this kind of payroll and SUPPOSED talent.

7-13 in the AL Central is just unacceptable (to quote Greg) for a team with this kind of payroll and SUPPOSED talent.

Get ready. You ain't seen nothin yet if I know my White Sox circa 2011.

They ain't built to beat their brethren in the Central. They are "too cool" to actually get down and dirty and try to outwork, outhustle, beat teams that they are better than "on paper."

It's tough not to be negative about this team. Early in the season many posters thought this was a talented but underachieving team. It is not a talented team; it is a bad, boring, slow team. At tne beginning of the season, when many thought the team was talented, the weakest part of the team was the bullpen. They blew a few early games. Now, it is the strongest part of the team, but the position players are so bad, nothing will help. Aside from Konerko, who is a tremendous player, the position players are terrible. AJ is okay; we have a decent though average SS. Quentin is a servicable outfielder who could make some teams as a 4th outfielder. That's it. Two starters, Rios and Dunn, could not make any other team. Pierre, who at least hustles, maybe, maybe could make a couple of teams. I don't klnow who. Maybe Beckham could make a team or three on potential and defense. Everyone else -- Castro, Morel, Lillibridge, Omar, Teahen, would be cut. That includes Rios and Dunn. None of those guys deserve to wear a big league uniform. Morel, he has potential. Omar, he has had a great career, but he would not be on any other active roster. It is not surprising that KC outplayed the White Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)

I don't see how the team can tolerate being on the filed with Jackson on the mound. I don't know if it has any effect but I almost fell asleep watching him pitch against the DBs sitting in one of those uncomfortable seats.