As game thread

Balta1701

When was the last time a Sox player contributed to an All-Star game? All I can remember is Paulie hit a double in 2002 that maybe put the AL in the lead before the tie game...

Also, side note they said Miggy Cabrera left the game with an injury to his left side. Is that the side where your liver is?

Had to do it...

That was like a White Sox game.

Slow runner at base in CQ can't score on that ball escaping and Paulie leaves the runners on second and third.

Not that CQ's run mattered, but it was funny that the Sox stranded the runners as is our wont to do.

That was probably the most boring All-Star game in a long time.

I wonder if anything will be made of Bochy not using either of his starting pitchers and only using Wilson cause Hanrahan wasn't getting the job done.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)

I wonder if anything will be made of Bochy not using either of his starting pitchers and only using Wilson cause Hanrahan wasn't getting the job done.

Hanrahan gave up a single, he was doing just fine, Bochy wanted to get his guy a save with minimum effort.

Shocking that the AL pitching would struggle with Sabathia, Felix, Verlander, Price and Haren all unavailable. Terrific idea making this s***-show mean something, Bud Selig lives in his own bizarre little world.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)

When the lineups were announced on Monday afternoon, Wilson was listed as the closer Bochy would use if it came to a save situation.