Sox are looking for a righty reliever?

Baron

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
MLBTraderumors.com is everything that's wrong with sports news & the internet

No, it really isn't...but people refuse to use it for what it is...mlbtradeRUMORS. It's not mlb.com, and it's not Ken Rosenthal. It's a compilation of rumors collected from newspapers and a small number of insiders that have been vetted by Tim Dierkes.

That's it. That's all. Just use it for what it is.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)
No, it really isn't...but people refuse to use it for what it is...mlbtradeRUMORS. It's not mlb.com, and it's not Ken Rosenthal. It's a compilation of rumors collected from newspapers and a small number of insiders that have been vetted by Tim Dierkes.

And they tend to not post rumors that aren't from "reputable" sources. It's a pretty good source if you take it for what it is like you said.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
I think Reed needs a little more time in the minors

Honestly, I think there's a good chance he'd be fine. By all accounts he has multiple pitches he can throw for strikes and his peripherals are incredible. I'd like to see him stop in AAA first so we can see how he does against some seasoned hitters with more plate discipline, but I would be surprised if we don't see him up here by September at the latest

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 04:13 PM)

It's a fantastic site

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:13 AM)

I guess that's part of the problem, so many people take it as the truth and throw it out there as fact. I'm not trying to call out this post, but whenever I see a story linked to that site I always do my best to take it for what it is & isn't

This should not be a huge priority for us, but Crain does stand to be the overused guy, as long as most of our games remain close ones. And maybe it's a way to move somebody else off the roster that we've been too gutless to deal with otherwise.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
I don't get it. Bullpen help? We're going to give away a prospect for something we can address via our minors?

Classic KW White Sox move. You know that, Marko.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
This should not be a huge priority for us, but Crain does stand to be the overused guy, as long as most of our games remain close ones. And maybe it's a way to move somebody else off the roster that we've been too gutless to deal with otherwise.

Is it worth pointing out that Crain is tied for 43rd in MLB in most appearances? Jonny Venters (seriously, no h in his name?), a rookie, has appeared in 12 more games. Scott Linebrink has pitched in more games than Crain.