"I'm Ready"

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:31 PM)
But then you're hurting Viciedo by, again, benching him (note the difference in my reaction to Santiago being benched and to Viciedo being benched).

You can't let Ozzie screw with Viciedo again, you just can't. He needs to be playing everyday.

yes, you don't want to screw Viciedo up, but you can't have such a good hitter sitting in AAA while your floundering offense in the majors. Call him up, tell your manager & your boss you think he needs to play everyday for this team to win. Hint that to the media too. If Ozzie still doesn't play him, then it's on him, and whats the difference anyway, one of you two will probably gone either way.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the solution is simple: bench Dunn, play Dayan at DH. I don't give a f*** about Dunn's contract. The dude flat out SUCKS at baseball right now. There is no reason he should be anywhere near our lineup.

But I've given up on the hope of ever seen Dayan. I bet he's traded in the next week.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
yes, you don't want to screw Viciedo up, but you can't have such a good hitter sitting in AAA while your floundering offense in the majors. Call him up, tell your manager & your boss you think he needs to play everyday for this team to win. Hint that to the media too. If Ozzie still doesn't play him, then it's on him, and whats the difference anyway, one of you two will probably gone either way.

I don't get how it's more important to an organization to coddle one minor league guy than to win games on the major league club? Where the f*** are the priorities?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:45 PM)
Lillibridge cant go anywhere. At that point Juan Pierre is your back up CF. No way, no how, no sir.

So cut Vizquel... By rotating Viciedo with Rios, Pierre, Quentin, and Dunn he can play at least 4-5 games a week. I don't have the AAA schedule on hand right now, but I bet he plays about 5 games a week now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Dunn needs to hit the DL. Minimum 15 game trip, but it allows like 7-10 days to clear his head and completely forget about baseball (while still training) and then you get him 5 games against garbage in AAA.

I've been saying this for a month.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
The White Sox annually make the fewest roster tweaks of any team in the league. From the point when Milledge was DFA'd and Gray was called up, until Gray was DFA'd and Peavy was activated, a whole month, there were no roster changes at all. Same 25 guys for a whole month, a month when the White Sox looked awful.

I got absolutely ripped on here recently for saying we never tweak the roster.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Exactly. As GM, you bring him up and see what Ozzie does. If the offense continues to play like garbage and Ozzie doesn't give Dayan any chances, the media, in theory, would be all over Ozzie for sitting a potentially good/great hitter.

Ozzie would only put Viciedo in games where he has the worst chance, so he can say that this kid isn't ready.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
Which is the whole reason he is still in Charlotte. There was a decision made that they were going to play DV in RF this season so he could come up to Chicago and play the same position.

Trade Quentin away and get a cheap replacement for Pierre for next season and another SP candidate in case MB walks at the end of the year. Quentin's value will never be higher than it is now and with payroll concerns he will likely be moved eventually anyway.

I really hate how Dunn and Rios sucking has kept Dayan down and with thoughts of trading Q. Those 2 have ruined everything.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
I really hate how Dunn and Rios sucking has kept Dayan down and with thoughts of trading Q. Those 2 have ruined everything.

If those 2 were hitting well, then there'd be no thought of bringig Dayan up, and it'd probably be more likely that he would be moved at the deadline.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 04:58 PM)
If those 2 were hitting well, then there'd be no thought of bringig Dayan up, and it'd probably be more likely that he would be moved at the deadline.

f they were hitting the Sox would be in 1st place so why trade your best prospect with good starters and a good bullpen ?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
If they were hitting the Sox would be in 1st place so why trade your best prospect with good starters and a good bullpen?

Teams don't trade prospects of Viciedo's caliber very often. Even if there was no spot for him on this roster right now, there will definitely be a spot for him next year one way or the other. So KW isn't going to trade Viciedo unless he's truly desperate and believes his job is on the line, but that's not going to be the case if Dunn and Rios are hitting. Regardless, we aren't in a position to dump our only impact prospect, especially when we have lot of big/bad contracts and may need to cut significant payroll soon. I know the Hudson deal has some people spooked, but I honestly believe that KW values Viciedo much more. I think he'll be the on roster by some point in August, I just hope we aren't out of it by then.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)
Teams don't trade prospects of Viciedo's caliber very often. Even if there was no spot for him on this roster right now, there will definitely be a spot for him next year one way or the other. So KW isn't going to trade Viciedo unless he's truly desperate and believes his job is on the line, but that's not going to be the case if Dunn and Rios are hitting. Regardless, we aren't in a position to dump our only impact prospect, especially when we have lot of big/bad contracts and may need to cut significant payroll soon. I know the Hudson deal has some people spooked, but I honestly believe that KW values Viciedo much more. I think he'll be the on roster by some point in August, I just hope we aren't out of it by then.

Viciedo is still not valued so highly that moving him would be a league changing stunner.

(post=2436746:date=Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:22 PM:name=Balta1701)-->
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
<!--quotec-->Viciedo is still not valued so highly that moving him would be a league changing stunner.

I think you and others are completely undervaluing him. He's a top 20 prospect in baseball if he were still eligible for such lists. He'd be even higher if there wasn't the uncertainty over his ability to be a OF long-term. We are talking about a guy who's currently 1st in RBIs, 4th in HRs, and 7th in BA for his league. He's doing this at the age of 22, which probably makes him one of the youngest players in the International League. Furthermore, he's improving at a rapid pace. Look how much better he's been this year alone. The increase in walks is the most telling sign, since it was the major question mark to his offensive game. He still has several years before he even reaches his prime, so who really knows how good he'll become. His potential, at least offensively, is as good as almost any other minor leaguer. He's not one of the 2 or 3 top prospects in all of baseball that are basically untouchable, but I'm sure most GMs would be completely stunned if KW moved him for anything less than an elite, young player (as part of a package). It sure as hell won't be for a reliever.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
When Viciedo was eligible last year didn't he basically drop off the top 100 list?

Yes, after his first season in professional baseball as a 20 year old in AA in a new country, he was dropped from the top 100 list for having a solid but unspectacular season. Then in 2010, he made huge strides, had a terrific season and lost his eligibility for top 100 prospect status. Now, as a 22 year old, he's destroying AAA and has shown to be one of the best offensive prospects in the game. So if you want to fault Viciedo for losing his eligibility after second season go ahead, but that doesn't make him any less of a prospect right now.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 20, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
That could also be the Charlotte manager. Remember he is learning to play LF.

He hasn't begun to learn LF yet. The only time he's logged in LF was a few innings in the AAA All Star game, then he switched over to RF.