Frank Statue

lasttriptotulsa

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Now I see this follow up.

Sent: Jul 26, 2011 12:05p

sculpture of Thomas, which will be located on main concourse in left field, is the eighth in a series of sculptures honoring team legends.

sent via TweetDeck

On Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChrisDeLuca/status/95887391604215808

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
I would love to see it be his swing right at the point of contact with his back foot about a foot off the ground. That would be pretty cool.

Yes, extremely.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Can't wait to see it.

Still hoping it's of him standing at the plate staring at the pitcher with the bat just above his shoulder. That's how I'll always think of him. You can just imagine the panic going through that pitcher's mind.

Indeed. Unless your name was Jeff Nelson, that was true.

Frank was one of my favorite players and arguably the best right handed hitter of all time in his prime when he was mainly an opposite field hitter. The only other right handed hitters that could compare would be Hornsby and Jimmie Foxx (I'm not including McGuire and Bagwell is suspect).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Can't wait to see it.

Still hoping it's of him standing at the plate staring at the pitcher with the bat just above his shoulder. That's how I'll always think of him. You can just imagine the panic going through that pitcher's mind.

That would be perfect.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
Frank was one of my favorite players and arguably the best right handed hitter of all time in his prime when he was mainly an opposite field hitter. The only other right handed hitters that could compare would be Hornsby and Jimmie Foxx (I'm not including McGuire and Bagwell is suspect).

That's an understatement.

You also can't leave Hank Aaron out. The guy gets so little love for as great as he was.