Dayan Viciedo Watch

hi8is

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Beckham doesn't have the signs telling him when an offspeed pitch is coming.

Not only is this true, but I think the organization was so bent on getting a young talent up that Beckham was rushed to the bigs. The kid is still learning to perform at the top level. He has done real good glovewise, but does need some help with the bat. He is not a dismal failure though. Sale was rushed to, but seems to have regrouped after some rough outings early and that is probably because of the coaching skill of Don Cooper.

The Sox aren't going to lie about Adam Dunn's condition and I applaud that. I am just afraid we might be loking at 2012 before we see production from the DH whether it is Dunn or someone else.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
Indeed he is. The best GM in baseball knew what he was doing. Meanwhile, we get to watch Beckham perform worse than Darwin f***ing Barney.

This is getting out of control.

Pull your tongue out of his ass already, jeesh.

The Angels have Wells, Bourjos and Hunter.

No space for Trout if they're fighting for the division, same as the usual White Sox problem with prospects.

Of course, you can argue they never ever should have acquired Wells, that was obviously dumb.

The only player he can beat out is Bourjos now, or wait one year for Hunter to leave after 2012.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
Please. If KW had pulled what he's pulled off you'd be the same way. Every Sox fan would be.

A record 2 games over .500, cheating allegations, and a pitching staff that would be at the bottom of the AL if it weren't for Baltimore and 3 teams in the AL Central?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
A record 2 games over .500, cheating allegations, and a pitching staff that would be at the bottom of the AL if it weren't for Baltimore and 3 teams in the AL Central?

I don't care about this year. And the cheating allegations are just that. That team, whether it materializes or not, is set up to go on a run. This is what myself, Tizzle, fathom, Sqwert, Milkman and many others have been pining for. THIS is the kinda GM I want. Say what you will about me. But I stay consistent. I've tired of this organization's M.O. I want an AA or Andrew Friedman type.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Please. If KW had pulled what he's pulled off you'd be the same way. Every Sox fan would be.

First of all I don't agree with you. However, if I did, I would probably do it ON THE APPROPRIATE TEAM's FAN FORUM.

I don't think I would go spouting off EVERY DAY about the GM of the Minnesota Twins, for instance, on the Milwaukee Brewers' fan forum.

Secondly, you're just being ridiculous. The guy has come in and filled a position from which THERE WAS NOWHERE TO GO BUT UP. He could make virtually no move which would have been considered poor. His most impressive deal is obviously dumping Wells on the Angels, but as has been pointed out, he goes ahead and gets swindled 5 minutes later for Napoli by Jon Daniels and the Rangers.

And just for the record, despite the Colby Rasmus love around here, I happen to think he paid much too much for him.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 12:44 AM)
He sure has been drawing a lot of walks lately.

Compared to last year... wow.

I can imagine the conversation with Viciedo.....

"Well kid, you sure can hit the f*** out of the ball, and your glovework in the OF is sufficient enough with that arm, but until you learn how to take a walk, you will never succeed in the bigs, so don't expect a call up soon."

"Ok, coach, I'll work on it."

***triples his walk rate, decrease his K rate just for fun***

"Uhh.....maybe in September"

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (forrestg @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)
he's following big Hurt's style lots of power good avg and lots of walks.

Yup. Dayan Viciedo has developed a Frank Thomas-like ability to draw walks. What a keen observation.

Please, God, tell me I don't need green.