Dear Mr. Reinsdorf.

kitekrazy

How much more can we contribute when anything and everything sucks about this organization?

Your are really going to have to take a bigger responsibility and really gut out this organization.

You need a new GM.

The coaching staff needs to go. Maybe save Cooper.

Scouting and development needs to improve.

Is there a philosophy that is consistent through the whole organization? If I had to guess, they think baseball is an offensive sport. What I see is no concept of fundamentals and extremely poor plate discipline.

Within the past few years I've seen players from other teams come here only to have the worst seasons of their careers. What is up with that?

Only you Mr. Chairman can fix this mess. All coaches,managers, and scouts in this organization needs to be heavily reviewed.

As a fan of this team, my interest has now become only casual. This is a dull and lifeless product. Pleas don't use the excuse that if more fans show the product will improve. No one has ever bought that theory. I can't imagine the American auto industry using that theory.

So please fix my team. This current group isn't working.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps all those proposed moves (specifically Williams and Guillen) are inevitable at the end of this season, but I'd rather not take a chance. If their future is tied to the success of this current team, I am rooting for failure. Unlike 2007 when I was rooting for failure for the opportunity to draft higher, our current failures this year will do more for shaping our future than any potential 1st round bust.

I'd rather take the chance of an abysmal second half leading to the firing of Williams and Guillen than the chance this team pulls together a miracle, makes the playoffs, and wins the World Series. Don't need anything, even our own success (however slim) prolonging the careers of those two with this organization.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
How much more can we contribute when anything and everything sucks about this organization?

Your are really going to have to take a bigger responsibility and really gut out this organization.

You need a new GM.

The coaching staff needs to go. Maybe save Cooper.

Scouting and development needs to improve.

Is there a philosophy that is consistent through the whole organization? If I had to guess, they think baseball is an offensive sport. What I see is no concept of fundamentals and extremely poor plate discipline.

Within the past few years I've seen players from other teams come here only to have the worst seasons of their careers. What is up with that?

Only you Mr. Chairman can fix this mess. All coaches,managers, and scouts in this organization needs to be heavily reviewed.

As a fan of this team, my interest has now become only casual. This is a dull and lifeless product. Pleas don't use the excuse that if more fans show the product will improve. No one has ever bought that theory. I can't imagine the American auto industry using that theory.

So please fix my team. This current group isn't working.

Amen.

:notworthy :notworthy

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
Perhaps all those proposed moves (specifically Williams and Guillen) are inevitable at the end of this season, but I'd rather not take a chance. If their future is tied to the success of this current team, I am rooting for failure. Unlike 2007 when I was rooting for failure for the opportunity to draft higher, our current failures this year will do more for shaping our future than any potential 1st round bust.

I'd rather take the chance of an abysmal second half leading to the firing of Williams and Guillen than the chance this team pulls together a miracle, makes the playoffs, and wins the World Series. Don't need anything, even our own success (however slim) prolonging the careers of those two with this organization.

:lolhitting

I love seeing so many people FINALLY echoing the things I've been saying for a while. I know we've agreed for a while, but it's just about the same thing I've said over the last two months. Crawling backwards into the playoffs to be humiliated would be the worst thing for this team. I also said that playing decently well before the deadline would be bad because they'd decide to stick with this team, and that they would likely do exactly that because it'd be the worst possibility at the time. Then, of course, they did. Thus, I expect them to somehow make the playoffs, haha.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
:lolhitting

I love seeing so many people FINALLY echoing the things I've been saying for a while. I know we've agreed for a while, but it's just about the same thing I've said over the last two months. Crawling backwards into the playoffs to be humiliated would be the worst thing for this team. I also said that playing decently well before the deadline would be bad because they'd decide to stick with this team, and that they would likely do exactly that because it'd be the worst possibility at the time. Then, of course, they did. Thus, I expect them to somehow make the playoffs, haha.

I almost expect them to go into Minnesota and sweep them because that's the type of s*** they do. Now, if it were September and we were in 1st place I'd expect them to sweep us; but since we're all counting them out and they're on the brink of packing it in they'll pull together one final tease.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)

People assume winning a division in professional sports is some type of job security. I think only a World Series or the championship series will save them. If they win this division it will be because they didn't win it, just some other team lost it.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
People assume winning a division in professional sports is some type of job security. I think only a World Series or the championship series will save them. If they win this division it will be because they didn't win it, just some other team lost it.

You honestly don't believe they'd bring Ozzie back if they won the division? I am about 100% sure that he would be back.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
I think making the playoffs would be great. There's nothing like postseason baseball.

I agree. I can't wish for my favorite team to lose every game at the expense of bad management. It's unnatural. Championships are not always won by the best but who is hot at the time. Expecting the Sox to be hot in the post season is even beyond believing time travel is possible. They have yet to really do this in 2011.

Who knows, they may add another player in FA if they make the post season.

Everyone can dream I guess.

As friends of mine will tell you, I think Reinsdorf needs to sell the both ballclubs (Bulls & Sox).

He's loyal to a fault. Loyalty will only get you so far until it starts to hurt business. I don't think he has it in him to clean house in the front office. As much as Kenny and/or Ozzie need to go, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both here next year.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
You honestly don't believe they'd bring Ozzie back if they won the division? I am about 100% sure that he would be back.

Only to fulfill the final season of his contract. That would also depend on what the Cardinals do with LaRussa. If LaRussa is available next season then I think Jerry says goodbye to Ozzie. Maybe they trade him to the Marlins.

Even if the season tanks, does it really guarantee any firings? Maybe not. JR's loyalty/nepotism might be his biggest weakness. That could be the reason why this organization is in such a decline.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
Only to fulfill the final season of his contract. That would also depend on what the Cardinals do with LaRussa. If LaRussa is available next season then I think Jerry says goodbye to Ozzie. Maybe they trade him to the Marlins.

Even if the season tanks, does it really guarantee any firings? Maybe not. JR's loyalty/nepotism might be his biggest weakness. That could be the reason why this organization is in such a decline.

There is certainly a much better chance of cleaning house if they don't make the playoffs. And I want that.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
There is certainly a much better chance of cleaning house if they don't make the playoffs. And I want that.

I still don't get how people can root against making the playoffs. Your hatred of a coach/gm overwhelms your wishes for team success??? Do you root for a team or just for the coaching staff?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
I love seeing so many people FINALLY echoing the things I've been saying for a while. I know we've agreed for a while, but it's just about the same thing I've said over the last two months.

Yeah, you, j4l, and myself were ridiculed and vilified for seeing the forest through the trees quite a long time ago.

I won't root against them making the playoffs for one simple reason, we were in similar looking circumstances in 2007 and turned things around in one offseason enough to win 89 games the next season.

Of course, we didn't have the burdens of the Peavy/Dunn/Rios deals weighing down future payrolls at that time.

We still had something of a carryover effect from the 2005 World Series where fan "goodwill" was much higher than it is now.

But we could have easily let Buehrle and Dye go that at time and started rebuilding.

There were the rookie seasons of Fields/Owens/Wasserman that were fun to follow and gave hope for the future.

Would we have been better off totally deconcstructing the team back then? I don't think so, although you could argue all the moves (Quentin/Floyd/Danks/Ramirez) that made us a playoff team in 2008 should have been put in place for a rebuilding effort just as relevantly as a "reload."

Just the final week of 2008 and Game 163 (finally taking down the Twins) was worth it from my perspective. Looking back, if we had parted ways with Mark Buehrle at that point (in 2007), can we automatically assume we would be better off right now? I doubt it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
I still don't get how people can root against making the playoffs. Your hatred of a coach/gm overwhelms your wishes for team success??? Do you root for a team or just for the coaching staff?

Because the positives of cleaning house far outweigh the "real" possibilities of making the playoffs.

I know, people will come out with the 2006 Cardinals argument. But we all know that that isn't going to happen. And others will say that cleaning house won't ensure any future success. And again, we all know that we will have no future success with this current management team.

Ozzie Guillen says that he recently told White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf that "If you want me to stay, a lot of things [have] got to be better." Guillen also said, however, that he wants to remain in Chicago and is fully committed to his current team, despite some rumors connecting him to the Marlins job in 2012. "It'd be an honor for me to manage the Marlins," Guillen said. "Do I want to manage the Marlins? No, because I'm managing the White Sox now."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
I won't root against them making the playoffs for one simple reason, we were in similar looking circumstances in 2007 and turned things around in one offseason enough to win 89 games the next season.

Of course, we didn't have the burdens of the Peavy/Dunn/Rios deals weighing down future payrolls at that time.

We still had something of a carryover effect from the 2005 World Series where fan "goodwill" was much higher than it is now.

But we could have easily let Buehrle and Dye go that at time and started rebuilding.

There were the rookie seasons of Fields/Owens/Wasserman that were fun to follow and gave hope for the future.

Would we have been better off totally deconcstructing the team back then? I don't think so, although you could argue all the moves (Quentin/Floyd/Danks/Ramirez) that made us a playoff team in 2008 should have been put in place for a rebuilding effort just as relevantly as a "reload."

Just the final week of 2008 and Game 163 (finally taking down the Twins) was worth it from my perspective. Looking back, if we had parted ways with Mark Buehrle at that point (in 2007), can we automatically assume we would be better off right now? I doubt it.

Unequivocally yes. Sure, we wouldn't have that one meaningless playoff appearance in which the Rays urinated on us, but we'd be years into the rebuild that we are currently looking down the barrel of.

Jerry Reinsdorf,

I am just a minion who is overly concerned with adult men playing a kid's game.

I have no life, so I post on message board forums. I am working on my post count rather than spend good quality free time with friends or family.

With that said. I am expert at making decisions for an organization that is worth in the hundreds of millions.

Please Fire Ozzie. Please Fire Kenny. After that, I will send you my off-season plan of refacing this roster.

Please reply asap. My shift at Dicks Sporting Goods starts soon.