8/3 games

danman31

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
So how would people view Petricka's season so far?

Right in the middle for me. He started dominating low A like he should, then he got promoted and hasn't pitched well in high A. How much of that is injury recovery and how much of that is cause for concern? I wasn't going to celebrate what he did in Kannapolis and I'm not going to hate on what he's done in Winston-Salem.

His splits for the Dash are equally confusing. It's obviously too early for them to be significant, but they're still weird. Lefties are hitting 88 points lower against him while his ERA is 7 points lower at home. The Dash play in a huge hitters' park and he's got a sub 2 ERA there.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
Is Ross Wilson legitimately in AA, or is he just holding a spot because of an injury?

Walking distance from Regions Park I guess. I think that's the only reason Greg Paiml's still with the Barons. Trace Crossings is a wealthy neighborhood by the way.

K. Walker 0/4, 3 K's.

Thompson 0/4 2 K's.

At least Mitchell is showing signs of being a serious extra-base threat. Maybe/hopefully the stolen base ability and instincts will come later? Or he's just hesistant or gunshy to hurt his ankle again sliding into the bases? Does he steal headfirst or sliding feet first?

I guess I'd rather have a doubles/triples hitter on the horizon if the only other option is a slappy singles hitter who puts up Juan Pierre numbers.

Of course, OBP and K's will tell the tale as far as Mitchell ever being able to make it as a leadoff hitter...or to the majors, period.

Blair Walters is an interesting prospect so far. He's only 21, a lefty has a 6-0 record, 2.57 ERA 45K 7BB in 42IP with a good GB/FO ratio. Anyone have a scouting report on him???

Edit- Just found a quick blurb on him that said his FB is low 90's with heavy sink but his secondary stuff needs work.

Edited by bighurt4life

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
Blair Walters is an interesting prospect so far. He's only 21, a lefty has a 6-0 record, 2.57 ERA 45K 7BB in 42IP with a good GB/FO ratio. Anyone have a scouting report on him???

Edit- Just found a quick blurb on him that said his FB is low 90's with heavy sink but his secondary stuff needs work.

Not bad numbers, but really hard to get excited about a college guy until he's doing this somewhere other than rookie ball.