... it's about time

bozzie

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
Hopefully today is just Rios's send off for the 2011 season. Unless he goes 4-4 with 6 homeruns, he should never see the field again after today, and if he does I will not be watching the rest of the season.

See you next year then.

Why in the world would you think today would be rios' last day after what you've seen all season?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
See you next year then.

Why in the world would you think today would be rios' last day after what you've seen all season?

I said somewhere else...but after the call-ups, there is no excuse left for Ozzie to use (and yes, it's still a stupid excuse, but it exists) for playing Rios. So I'll give it 1 last chance.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
I said somewhere else...but after the call-ups, there is no excuse left for Ozzie to use (and yes, it's still a stupid excuse, but it exists) for playing Rios. So I'll give it 1 last chance.

AFTER the call-ups? We have enough capable players to ensure he doesn't start now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
AFTER the call-ups? We have enough capable players to ensure he doesn't start now.

Of course we do...but I can at the very least see Ozzie saying "I can't start Lilibridge cause he's needed for OF AND 1B now with PK shaky and I need De Aza as the other OF" or something stupid like that. I'm not saying its logical, but I can at least see the possibility of that.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 01:55 PM)
Of course we do...but I can at the very least see Ozzie saying "I can't start Lilibridge cause he's needed for OF AND 1B now with PK shaky and I need De Aza as the other OF" or something stupid like that. I'm not saying its logical, but I can at least see the possibility of that.

Throw Milledge into that group after callups.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 30, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
I really believe the surgery Dunn had at the beginning of the season started his downfall.

Playing guys day in and day out that didn't produce probably cost us the division this year, for that Ozzie has to go.

so i guess you're not a big fan of Ozzie's latest hair-brained scheme: batting Alex Rios cleanup . . .

Indeed, just as the Adam Dung fiasco was put to bed, with a benching for the lazy, overweight, Big Donkey with a reputation of not picking up a bat in the offseason and picking up a few too many brews during road trips, Ozzie found a new toy to play with that's bound to drive Kenny Williams ever crazier than a .163 cleanup hitter.

How bout a .214 cleanup hitter with 8 homers and fewer RBIs than Juan Pierre?

Yep, Sox fans, that's the latest brainfart from the manager who, in today's paper, felt the need to say "there are worse guys than me out there."

Yet I'm not sure even Mike Quade would resort to the sort of egomaniacal games Guillen continues to play in his endgame with Williams, and likely the Sox.

No, Sox fans, Ozzie, hurt from all the criticism he has received over the past two years for presiding over subpar teams, he won't do the right thing, try to win the most games, and bat Dayan Viciedo behind Paul Konerko. Instead, Rios is the new Dunn.

Is it any wonder Konerko, who was having an MVP-type season at the beginning of the year with Carlos Quentin behind him in the lineup, has seen his numbers stall after Guillen first moved Dunn, and now Rios, into the spot behind him.

.214, 8 homers, 32 RBI - now THAT'S protection!

This is nothing more than another attempt by Ozzie to make Kenny look bad. When he's asked why Rios is hitting cleanup, Ozzie can throw up his hands and say, "he's the best guy here to do it." It's a backhanded slap at the lack of talent given to him by Williams, and more gameplaying.

Ozzie took to the newspapers today to say he would not return for the 2012 option the club has already picked up if his contract isn't extended. An extention for two years of underachieving teams? Only Ozzie - or Oney - could be so brash as to suggest it.

What the Sox ought to do is let Ozzie make good on his threat to walk out without an extension, and then they won't have to pay him for 2012. That money ought to buy not only a good manager but some good talent for the field as well.

Now, is there any way to get half of 2011 Dunn's salary back? . . .

What happened to the "No Hyperbole" rule.

So if everyone knows Ozzie is an idiot but I think he is not an idiot, then by default I'm an idiot? I mean that's the ONLY reason for saying "everyone knows" right? To say the rest of us are idiots that disagree with your opinion.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
I"m combining three threads. We don't need a new thread every time someone else wants to b**** about the same stuff.

. . . good way to keep the KoolAid flowing, Northside . . . can anyone say censorship? . . .

. . . Sox fans won't be silenced. We're tired of the Kenny/Ozzie game; this year it finally went beyond mere entertainment to distraction and finally to open warfare as Ozzie used the baseball team to try to embarrass Williams. So much for being a professional.

It is clear one - or both - of these guys needs to go. Ozzie's the likely candidate. The players have clearly already tuned him out, as we're in the second year of unbelievably poor starts out of the gate and complete underachievement over the 162 game season.

QUOTE (bozzie @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
. . . good way to keep the KoolAid flowing, Northside . . . can anyone say censorship? . . .

. . . Sox fans won't be silenced. We're tired of the Kenny/Ozzie game; this year it finally went beyond mere entertainment to distraction and finally to open warfare as Ozzie used the baseball team to try to embarrass Williams. So much for being a professional.

It is clear one - or both - of these guys needs to go. Ozzie's the likely candidate. The players have clearly already tuned him out, as we're in the second year of unbelievably poor starts out of the gate and complete underachievement over the 162 game season.

What on earth are you talking about?

I want Ozzie fired, and possibly KW. I just vented in the Game Thread. I combined the threads because we don't need three of them on the same topic. but keep up the attitude, so how that goes.

QUOTE (bozzie @ Aug 31, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)

What a noob....after awhile this site can get quite boring with so few subjects. BTW, unless you own the site, anyone and anything can be censored.