9/2 - Sox @ DET; Danks vs. Ver-Zeus-Der

witesoxfan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
Well, Detroit does what "good" teams do at home when it's time to put away its rival.

I take it you haven't watched much baseball in 5 years.

It's more like the Sox go into mental midget, wet the bed, crap their pants, mode when facing their rivals. It's their trademark of the century.

Chances were good losing to Verlander anyway. Losing 8-0 is no different than losing 3-2.

QUOTE (Unknown @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
Yeah, like that play in game with Minnesota a few years back.

And that's been basically it. I can't think of a single game in which it was perceived as a "big" game against a quality opponent, post-all-star break, in which Danks shut a team down. I can say the same for Floyd as well.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 2, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
And that's been basically it. I can't think of a single game in which it was perceived as a "big" game against a quality opponent, post-all-star break, in which Danks shut a team down. I can say the same for Floyd as well.

Wasn't it Floyd and Thome that beat the Twins in that 1 game playoff?

We lose one more game and Oz will probably start playing Omar again in place of Morel as Omar has his final month in the big leagues.

Do even the biggest optimists believe the Sox season officially ended tonight?

All Detroit had to do was avoid a sweep with the best scenario now the Sox gaining one game on Det while the Tigers knocked three of the six vs. Chicago off the schedule.

Edited by greg775