Ozzie Guillen Appreciation Thread

Quin

Ozzie-Guillen.jpg

Today, is a sad day.

Ozzie resigning should be sad, it's a good baseball move, but I'm saddened by it.

The man is responsible for some of the happiest moments of my life and also some of the most frustrating. But those joyous ones will always be with me.

It's sad that the situation deteriorated to the point where the greatest manager in Sox history, became a parody and shadow of himself, obsessed with Ozzieball, imposing his will, and sustaining a senseless pissing contest. And his son didn't help at all.

But despite all that, here's to you Ozzie, it was a hell of a few years and then it was hell for a few years.

But most importantly, the good memories, they'll always stay.

OzzieChamps.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Ozzie is the best Manager this franchise has had in the last 50 years. And this is the worst day of any White Sox Fans life...

The only people that are happy are

Cubs Fans

ALC non-White Sox fans

Jay Marrotti.

Could you not ruin a thread that's trying to appreciate the guy by trying to incite people?

And man, I think Ozzie will be back, that Florida will be humbling for him.

And if he really is humbled, I'll welcome him back with open arms.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 03:16 AM)
I'm happy and I'm a huge Sox fan. I'm not going to talk about what I soured on him, because this thread is not about that.

So with that said, thank you Ozzie for helping bringing the White Sox a championship. You are appreciated for what you did and the best of luck. The end.

Great post

Could you not ruin a thread that's trying to appreciate the guy by trying to incite people?

And man, I think Ozzie will be back, that Florida will be humbling for him.

And if he really is humbled, I'll welcome him back with open arms.

How am I ruining a thread about the best non-player in/on the White SOX?

I also think Ozzie, will be back.. Once this team fails next year and JR looks and realizes Ozzie was right.

I don't get why you don't think he is humbled, he is/was perfect manager for this team and town.. This is a sad day for true white sox fans.. Period.

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
How am I ruining a thread about the best non-player in the White SOX?

I also think Ozzie, will be back.. Once this team fails next year and JR looks and realizes Ozzie was right.

I don't get why you don't think he is humbled, he is/was perfect manager for this team and town.. This is a sad day for true white sox fans.. Period.

Woohoo!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
Ozzie-Guillen.jpg

Today, is a sad day.

Ozzie resigning should be sad, it's a good baseball move, but I'm saddened by it.

The man is responsible for some of the happiest moments of my life and also some of the most frustrating. But those joyous ones will always be with me.

It's sad that the situation deteriorated to the point where the greatest manager in Sox history, became a parody and shadow of himself, obsessed with Ozzieball, imposing his will, and sustaining a senseless pissing contest. And his son didn't help at all.

But despite all that, here's to you Ozzie, it was a hell of a few years and then it was hell for a few years.

OzzieChamps.jpg

Post of the night. Two thumbs up. :notworthy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)

OzzieChamps.jpg

I think you have summed up my sentiments nicely right there.

Good Luck in Miami, Ozzie!

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:14 PM)
Ozzie is the best Manager this franchise has had in the last 50 years. And this is the worst day of any White Sox Fans life...

Cubs Fans

ALC non-White Sox fans

Jay Marrotti.

BS. Don't speak for others, particularly when you couldn't be more wrong.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
I'm happy and I'm a huge Sox fan. I'm not going to talk about what I soured on him, because this thread is not about that.

So with that said, thank you Ozzie for helping bringing the White Sox a championship. You are appreciated for what you did and the best of luck. The end.

:gosox3: :headbang :gosox3:

Couldn't have said it any better.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)

Cubs Fans

ALC non-White Sox fans

Jay Marrotti.

I've had much worse.

This is just step one to turning this damn organization around and hopefully in the right direction.

But I must say, Ozzie was definitely partially responsible for what happened in 2005 and I'm thankful for that. But what happened in 2005 is what happened in 2005. Those accomplishments won't mean much of anything in 2012.

I've had much worse.

This is just step one to turning this damn organization around and hopefully in the right direction.

But I must say, Ozzie was definitely partially responsible for what happened in 2005 and I'm thankful for that. But what happened in 2005 is what happened in 2005. Those accomplishments won't mean much of anything in 2012.

True.. Nov. 2000.. is worse... and we been living with that bad move for 11 years.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:15 PM)
I've had much worse.

Ozzie had nothing to do with 2005. It's pretty easy to sit back and allow your starters, acquired by your GM, to just pitch you through the playoffs. Good riddance, Ozzie!