2012 AL Central Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kansas City Royals have requested nearly $17 million of taxpayer money the past five years from the Kauffman Stadium repair and upkeep fund but spent only 9% of the money received on actual repairs and maintenance to the stadium, according to documents obtained by Sports Radio 810 WHB.

The Royals have received at least $12.7 million from taxpayers that was approved by the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority as part of the RMMO provision of the team's lease with the county and spent it on full and part time employee salaries, security, cable tv, first aid, utilities, telephones and even payroll taxes. By using the money for payroll taxes, the team literally collected taxpayer money to pay their own taxes. The Sports Authority approved the expenses and operates separately from Jackson County government.

Link

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
Come on Boston, come back and win this thing. This is a big game for us with the Angels coming to town.

6-5 Det now. If the Tigers lose this one, I'm not going to cry if the Angels win 2/3 this weekend. They're hot.

Hopefully the Sox find a way to go 6-3. Sweeping Oakland would be nice.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
Cabrera and Fielder both hit ridiculous home runs. I don't think either of them could be considered better than the other

Both are still fat.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Screw you Valverde.

Did he do his bulls*** jig after he closed it out?

I swear if someone had the balls to call him out on that I'd become an instant fan. Or better yet, that better, lets say strikes out for the third out. Just lightly toss/roll your bat/helmet right at that fat belly skinny legged POS.

CLE and the Yankees are who we have to root for the next week to knock out the Tigers.

CLE has played great against DET, I think they've only lost 2-3 games to them all year....but they're going to be pretty demoralized, and that stadium is very hard to play in when it's sold out and rocking.

Thankfully, the A's were slowed down by the Rays and maybe they'll come back down to earth before they arrive in town.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 06:21 AM)
the Indians are now closer in the standings to the Twins, than the White Sox.

Second worse run differential in the AL. No one ever believed they were legit...