grady sizemore

mataipaepae

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
how about giving this guy a 1 year deal and see if he can be our centerfielder and leadoff? if he can remain healthy he could really help out our offense alot.

He can't.

how about giving this guy a 1 year deal and see if he can be our centerfielder and leadoff? if he can remain healthy he could really help out our offense alot.

I think he'll be a popular buy-low guy, and therefore not as cheap as you're guessing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
Some team will give him several million dollars just to see if there's a chance he can.

My guess will be something similar to the 1/$8m Berkman got last year with the Cardinals.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:52 PM)
The Indians are also interested in bringing him back, but at a lower salary and with incentives. He might end up staying put.

I think the only reason why this would happen is if he really wants to stay in Cleveland. Other teams will simply be willing to risk more money on a guy with his injury history.

Of course, it will come down to money, but this is the type of guy they will try to sign - maybe not him, but someone coming off a down year who they can get at a buyer's price.

I do think they need another veteran OF - I don't feel comfortable with De Aza and Rios getting regular playing time without earning it next season. The same is probably true of Vicedio as well.

*Adding a 4th OF is a moot point if they keep Quentin OR decide that Lillibridge is that guy for cheap money.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
I think the only reason why this would happen is if he really wants to stay in Cleveland. Other teams will simply be willing to risk more money on a guy with his injury history.

Indeed. He might like it in Cleveland, or feel he owes it to the organization though. I'm not sure what type of person he is or what motivates him, but it's not out of the question.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
Grady Sizemore might be a good fit somewhere but I kind of think we are loaded with Of'ers right now

Having outfielders doesn't mean being loaded with outfielders. The only one who has proven he's worth a s***, when healthy, is Carlos Quentin, and all signs point to him being dealt this offseason.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Having outfielders doesn't mean being loaded with outfielders. The only one who has proven he's worth a s***, when healthy, is Carlos Quentin, and all signs point to him being dealt this offseason.

The Sox were loaded with 5th starters from 2001-2004. Remember how many they had? A ton.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
My guess will be something similar to the 1/$8m Berkman got last year with the Cardinals.

Just more of this trying to catch lightening in a bottle crap.

Why can't this organization just go out and get legitimate major league quality ballplayers?

What is the problem?

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
Just more of this trying to catch lightening in a bottle crap.

Why can't this organization just go out and get legitimate major league quality ballplayers?

What is the problem?

So, you're b****ing about a move that hasn't actually occurred?

I'd bring him in and see if Herm can work his magic. He is younger than Dye when we brought him in, and still has a lot of talent. I'm not sure what he is recovering from so that could be a huge warning, but it couldn't hurt to see if the Sox can rehab him.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 03:13 AM)
I'd bring him in and see if Herm can work his magic. He is younger than Dye when we brought him in, and still has a lot of talent. I'm not sure what he is recovering from so that could be a huge warning, but it couldn't hurt to see if the Sox can rehab him.

Sprained ankle, sprained groin, elbow surgery, abdomen surgery due to a hernia, microfracture surgery on his knee, knee contusion, 2nd surgery for sports hernia.

Basically, he's recovering from...everything.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 02:13 AM)

Dye had no where near the injury history that Grady does. Dye was more of a freak injury kind of guy.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 02:13 AM)

Right knee (I read report of microfracture surgery, which is really never a good sign) as well as surgery for a sports hernia.

I'd avoid Sizemore like the plague.