All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 11:09 PM)
So just for a bit of background here, does everyone who posts in this thread have a favorite English Premier League team they go for (or at least in Europe)?

To kick it off, I'm a West Ham supporter (East London team), and have been from about 2000 onwards. They move into the Olympic Stadium in about 15 months from now, and are looking to break into the top 4 eventually (easier said than done).

I really don't support any team in England, but if I had to list them I'd go:

1. Man City

2. Tottenham

3. ...

4. Arsenal

My favorite European team is Barcelona.

And West Ham has quite a ways to go before they get top 4. It's hard to go from mid-table to top 4 in the BPL. There's so many good teams in between those spots.

I don't have a favorite European team. Ill root for Man U since the Glazers own them but I don't care if they win or lose and won't go out of my way to watch them. Funny how big of front runners we are over here since everyone's favorite Euro team is basically one of handful of teams. No one ever says they're a Stoke supporter or even a Fulham or Everton supporter when those teams had Americans on them.

Basically only club team I care about is Orlando City.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
They looked really good in that game. I know New Zealand isn't a power or anything, but it was on the road and the US showed off some quality. Zelalem needs some refinement, which is expected at that age, but he's just working with more tools than most players in that age range. His ability on the ball, both dribbling out of trouble and making key passes, is really strong. Needs to cut down on some loose passes and get a bit stronger and he'll be ready for the full national team.

Hyndman and Carter-Vickers look like total studs, too. I like Arriola, although I'm not sure what position he profiles at as he gets older.

Fun fact about Hyndman, he's still eligible to play for four different national teams.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 12:09 AM)
So just for a bit of background here, does everyone who posts in this thread have a favorite English Premier League team they go for (or at least in Europe)?

To kick it off, I'm a West Ham supporter (East London team), and have been from about 2000 onwards. They move into the Olympic Stadium in about 15 months from now, and are looking to break into the top 4 eventually (easier said than done).

My favorite team is Tottenham, second is AS Roma.

I also root for VFB Stuttgart because I lived there for a few years growing up

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 11:09 PM)

My favorite team is AS Roma. I root against any of the English teams in Europe whenever given the chance (nice showing from them this year lol) although I did jump on the Cardiff City bandwagon a bit. That didn't turn out well.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 4, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
I watched every sat./sunday morning EPL game this year and last but still haven't found myself with a team.

It's not easy to really root for a team when you have no real connection to them. I like Barcelona, but they're nowhere close to my level of fandom for the Sox, Bulls, and Bears. If they win the Champions League, great. If they lose, it's not the end of the world.

I feel like I can enjoy club football way more than any other sport due to my lack of a true fandom to any team. I can pretty much just watch any game without any real bias or hatred for certain teams/players.

Team USA just beat the Neatherlands in a friendly, where we scored 2 goals in the last few minutes of the game to win 4-3. Crazy.

The Dutch had their full team minus Robben too while the US were missing Dempsey along with Gonzalez and Besler.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
Team USA just beat the Neatherlands in a friendly, where we scored 2 goals in the last few minutes of the game to win 4-3. Crazy.

The Dutch had their full team minus Robben too while the US were missing Dempsey along with Gonzalez and Besler.

With a Dutch shot off the crossbar in the middle.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 6, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Champions League final on now. Barca with a wonderful team goal in the 4th minute. They are so fun to watch.

Juventus did well for themselves. Barcelona's front 3 is just too good though.

I really only follow international soccer and not professional leagues, but if I had to pick a team it would be Bayer Leverkusen since my mom worked for Bayer for 20 years.

US U-20's advance to the quarter finals with a 1-0 win over Colombia. Rubin scored and Steffen saved a PK in the 83rd minute. Supposedly CCV, Miazga and Desevio Payne were all beasts on defense. If Payne (currently starting in the Eredevisie) can become an answer at one of our FB positions down the road that'd be great. We've struggled there ever since Cherundolo retired.

They play Serbia at 12:30 on Saturday night/Sunday morning. A trip to the semi-finals is very possible right now.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
US 1-1 Germany at halftime.

The German team is without a lot of its regulars. No Muller, Reus, Boateng, Hummels, Neuer, etc.

They do have Schweinsteiger, Schurrle, and Gotze though.

The German team is without a lot of its regulars. No Muller, Reus, Boateng, Hummels, Neuer, etc.

They do have Schweinsteiger, Schurrle, and Gotze though.

A draw on the road against the World Champions would help out the world ranking regardless of who is or isn't playing.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
A draw on the road against the World Champions would help out the world ranking regardless of who is or isn't playing.

Yeah no doubt. US isn't playing with the first team either. A lot of the good MLS players are missing.