Buehrle Signs with Marlins | 4 yrs $58 mil

southsider2k5

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 06:37 AM)
f*** that. He signs with a team in the AL Central, the Yank Sawx (that's two teams), or the Marlins, and I hope that shoulder finally f***ing gives and his fastball only reaches 78. I love Mark Buehrle to death, but those are the 7 teams I do not want him signing with and I will hope for him to fail any time he pitches with those teams.

That's just pathetic and makes you a terrible fan.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)

Why? We're fans of the team, not the players. It stands to reason that we would be angry with a former player if he were to sign with a hated rival (or the team now managed by the guy that forced his way off of the team by sabotaging its most recent season).

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
Why? We're fans of the team, not the players. It stands to reason that we would be angry with a former player if he were to sign with a hated rival (or the team now managed by the guy that forced his way off of the team by sabotaging its most recent season).

Sorry. I'm not made to just hope injury upon someone if they leave after all the entertainment Mark has provided. That's just idiotic.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)

Come on man, Burger King didn't wish injury on you when you left for the extra 25 cents an hour at Arby's.

surprised Milwaukee isnt a destination option for Mark.

- Playoff Contenders (who knows about that with Fielder)

- Midwest Team

- NL Central, meaning he can go home to St. Louis a few weeks a year

- Nice stadium with good fan base

- Blue Collar City and could maybe move up north to stay within the Chicagoland area. (Gurnee, Winnetka, Lake Forest, etc)

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)

- Midwest Team

- Blue Collar City and could maybe move up north to stay within the Chicagoland area. (Gurnee, Winnetka, Lake Forest, etc)

That was one of the teams I said I'd be OK with, actually. Brewers, Reds, Cardinals, either Texas team, and even KC.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)

- Midwest Team

I can't argue with that at all. Do they have rotation spots open?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)

Considering you are the king of hyperbole, this post is hilariously ironic. I can name countless examples, but I have no need. Ace, as far as I'm aware, still has it in his sig.

---

I can go on a giant rant about "how I've been on the internetz longerz then u bro" and "I'm such a hardcore fan that I knew Adam Dunnz was gonnaz turn it aroundz" but no. I'm the terrible fan.

I'm the terrible fan.

Even though I mentioned at the very bottom of my post that I wanted Mark Buehrle to go to a place where he would be comfortable - even the Cubs.

---

Perhaps saying "I want that shoulder to finally pop" was over the top. I don't. But if he signs with one of those 7 teams, I want to see nothing more than 5+ ERAs and being Barry Zito without the Cy Young and the 20 win season to his credit. At that point, I want him to go down as "Mark Buehrle, the hypocrite who ruined his career by leaving Chicago."

He is not only a player that is appreciated by White Sox fans, but he is a person appreciated by White Sox fans. They are a group that understand what he said and where his commitments lie. And if he were to back out on those and sign for a big deal with someone like the Red Sox? A player who so epitomizes the South Side of Chicago to go and break their hearts like that?

Guess it's fitting they brought back Ventura when they did, eh?

---

If Buehrle signed with Detroit, would you hope for his success?

"Against everyone except us!" except there is no us, there is a baseball team and their lack of knowledge of you, personally, Steve9347. Sure, you're ticket broker knows who you are, but does Mark Buehrle care? Does Brent Lillibridge care? Does Dylan Axelrod care? Does Brooks Boyer even care?

How about Minnesota? Cleveland? Kansas City? Boston? New York? Yomiuri? Miami?

Probably not Miami. You're used to stars spurning Chicago for the "bright lights" of Miami now, aren't you?

oh, and don't ever call me a terrible fan. You know better than that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
I can't see giving him more than 4/$48....let him walk if need be...we simply can't afford to have another huge contract hanging over our heads here...

I don't see money as the issue for this team. I know others do, but we already pay that $12M or so a year anyway to MB. Offer a couple million more and four years and it's not going to break the bank, but might keep our core nucleus together and mix in younger players and we will stay in contention.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
Considering you are the king of hyperbole, this post is hilariously ironic. I can name countless examples, but I have no need. Ace, as far as I'm aware, still has it in his sig.

---

I can go on a giant rant about "how I've been on the internetz longerz then u bro" and "I'm such a hardcore fan that I knew Adam Dunnz was gonnaz turn it aroundz" but no. I'm the terrible fan.

I'm the terrible fan.

Even though I mentioned at the very bottom of my post that I wanted Mark Buehrle to go to a place where he would be comfortable - even the Cubs.

---

Perhaps saying "I want that shoulder to finally pop" was over the top. I don't. But if he signs with one of those 7 teams, I want to see nothing more than 5+ ERAs and being Barry Zito without the Cy Young and the 20 win season to his credit. At that point, I want him to go down as "Mark Buehrle, the hypocrite who ruined his career by leaving Chicago."

He is not only a player that is appreciated by White Sox fans, but he is a person appreciated by White Sox fans. They are a group that understand what he said and where his commitments lie. And if he were to back out on those and sign for a big deal with someone like the Red Sox? A player who so epitomizes the South Side of Chicago to go and break their hearts like that?

Guess it's fitting they brought back Ventura when they did, eh?

---

If Buehrle signed with Detroit, would you hope for his success?

"Against everyone except us!" except there is no us, there is a baseball team and their lack of knowledge of you, personally, Steve9347. Sure, you're ticket broker knows who you are, but does Mark Buehrle care? Does Brent Lillibridge care? Does Dylan Axelrod care? Does Brooks Boyer even care?

How about Minnesota? Cleveland? Kansas City? Boston? New York? Yomiuri? Miami?

Probably not Miami. You're used to stars spurning Chicago for the "bright lights" of Miami now, aren't you?

oh, and don't ever call me a terrible fan. You know better than that.

I love both of you, but damn.