LET'S MAKE A LIST NOV-DEC '11

knightni

So here's my issue, I have Heath Ledger's particular performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight ranked pretty high on my list, but it seems like it just has to be The Joker in general, and not being a comic book fan or Batman comic book fan in general I wouldn't rank the Joker character that high on my list. The ONLY REASON it's on my list is specifically because Heath Ledger knocked it out of the park, I would not include just the generalized Joker from 50+ years of the comics, so now I have to remove him from my list?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
So here's my issue, I have Heath Ledger's particular performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight ranked pretty high on my list, but it seems like it just has to be The Joker in general, and not being a comic book fan or Batman comic book fan in general I wouldn't rank the Joker character that high on my list. The ONLY REASON it's on my list is specifically because Heath Ledger knocked it out of the park, I would not include just the generalized Joker from 50+ years of the comics, so now I have to remove him from my list?

I think you are really over thinking this.

The Joker is The Joker.

Comics, Cartoons, TV Shows, Movies.

Cesar Romero, Mark Hamill, Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger, Larry Storch, Frank Welker, Kevin Michael Richardson, Jeff Bennett, Steven Blum, Richard Epcar, John DiMaggio, Corey Burton, Brent Spiner.

All The Joker.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
The Joker is The Joker.

Cesar Romero, Mark Hamill, Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger, Larry Storch, Frank Welker, Kevin Michael Richardson, Jeff Bennett, Steven Blum, Richard Epcar, John DiMaggio, Corey Burton, Brent Spiner.

All The Joker.

In that case, I'll let you figure out how to deal with my 2 Joker votes.

And Brent Spiner?

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
The Joker is The Joker.

All The Joker.

Alright, just be sure not to single out Anthony Hopkins when Hannibal Lecter comes up since that was a book too. And must include the memorable portrayal by Gaspard Ulliel...

:)

It's too much of a hassle to re-do my list now anyways... So when you see votes for the Joker I'm thinking of the best portrayal of it by Heath Ledger haha

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 01:05 PM)
What's new? ;)

I'm keeping my lists authentic. Later, when you are announcing results I can hit my head and say, damn I forgot him. BTW, I just realized I think I have an all-male list.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 9, 2011 -> 01:16 AM)
I am finding this incredibly difficult. Only have 8 so far and half of them are from books.

I had the same problem. My list was pretty short until I started thinking about books. There are some evil villains in books out there. It will be interesting to see how many villains strictly from books make the countdown.