Your excitement level for the 2012 White Sox Pt.1

Cali

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
Haven't hated the Sox this much in many years. Kenny should have been fired.

I'll always be interested in the Sox, and look forward to the moves.

I'm at about a 2 right now.

M-56? Stop.

All of this. My excitement raises with each step towards rebuilding.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My excitement for the off-season is a 7. I feel like there will be some moving & shaking with the roster, and I can't wait to see how it breaks down.

For the actual 2012 season, I'm at about a 2.5 right now. They aren't gonna add a Pujols/Reyes type player, and the hoping for turnaround seasons from Dunn/Rios/Beckham worries me now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 08:19 AM)
My excitement for the off-season is a 7. I feel like there will be some moving & shaking with the roster, and I can't wait to see how it breaks down.

For the actual 2012 season, I'm at about a 2.5 right now. They aren't gonna add a Pujols/Reyes type player, and the hoping for turnaround seasons from Dunn/Rios/Beckham worries me now.

That's pretty much me as well. Pretty psyched for what goes on in the next month or two, not so much about 2011, but that could change later.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
All of this. My excitement raises with each step towards rebuilding.

Why would you want to rebuild when we are saddled with Dunn and Rios for another year? Those guys have to play. And we have another high paid vet in Paulie. We need to retool while trying to win the division. If we are going to rebuild, then Paulie should be traded, too. Somebody would take him.

A complete rebuild makes no sense. Once the Sox are 10-20 that will be it for the season. Everybody wants to watch a winner, not some rebuilding team like the Royals.

Time to tinker not rebuild.

Edited by greg775

I'm already wishing it was close to opening day. Not a huge NFL fan (i'm probably the only guy here that isn't right?), and no Bulls, and I haven't been able to watch hardly any Hawks games which sucks because they're f***ing awesome so far this year (sans a few games, FU Calgary..)

QUOTE (Real @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 05:51 AM)
I'm already wishing it was close to opening day. Not a huge NFL fan (i'm probably the only guy here that isn't right?), and no Bulls, and I haven't been able to watch hardly any Hawks games which sucks because they're f***ing awesome so far this year (sans a few games, FU Calgary..)

Same here. I'm a pretty casual football fan. 16 Bears games a season, and I honestly still don't watch every one of them. I've never been a big Bears fan, and I think I've become disenchanted with the franchise. The more I watch them and the more I listen to the majority (not all) of fans, I realize they're way too much like the Cubs for me to care about them.

Zero, as of right now the organization has yet to fix a single issue from the 2011 season. Not that they can, who is going to take Rios and Dunn. They still have RP issues, a 2b who can barley hit his weight, a 3b, who can play DEF, not offense.

The only thing I am remotely excited about is to see if Sale is the real deal or a bust.. After the winter meetings, hopefully we will see how they shape this team.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Zero, as of right now the organization has yet to fix a single issue from the 2011 season. Not that they can, who is going to take Rios and Dunn. They still have RP issues, a 2b who can barley hit his weight, a 3b, who can play DEF, not offense.

The only thing I am remotely excited about is to see if Sale is the real deal or a bust.. After the winter meetings, hopefully we will see how they shape this team.

Nice post.

Except most would say they fixed the biggest issue: Oz and Walker are gone.

Really the only reason for hope is the new manager and new staff. That suddenly everybody will play well. Oops ... the new manager has been out of baseball a long time.

Maybe since everybody thinks we'll suck, we'll be the surprise team. Other than that, there's really no reason for optimism.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Nice post.

Except most would say they fixed the biggest issue: Oz and Walker are gone.

Really the only reason for hope is the new manager and new staff. That suddenly everybody will play well. Oops ... the new manager has been out of baseball a long time.

Maybe since everybody thinks we'll suck, we'll be the surprise team. Other than that, there's really no reason for optimism.

Only recently, you said that you'd stop bringing Ozzie into every thread you ruin. And yet you continue to do it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 25, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
Only recently, you said that you'd stop bringing Ozzie into every thread you ruin. And yet you continue to do it.

What about my statement ruined the thread? The only hope for this team is the new coaching staff right now. Reason to believe the new guys' different approach will wake up Dunn/Rios/Beckham, et. all. We have a new staff. I may not like it, but it's here. And until Kenny reworks the team, that's all we got.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
Same here. I'm a pretty casual football fan. 16 Bears games a season, and I honestly still don't watch every one of them. I've never been a big Bears fan, and I think I've become disenchanted with the franchise. The more I watch them and the more I listen to the majority (not all) of fans, I realize they're way too much like the Cubs for me to care about them.

There are no differences between wsox and cubs fans, in general I don't think Chicago has a very classy fanbase. Of course that doesn't apply to every fan.

I'm excited to see CQ next year. I bet Robin bats him 3rd, and with his contractual motivation, he absolutely rakes. I don't see KW trading him.

Viciedo probly gets the starting shot leaving Rios, De Aza and Lillibridge fighting for time with Rios getting the initial nod.

It's going to be fun watching this outfield sort itself out.