Your excitement level for the 2012 White Sox Pt.1

Cali

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
Not very. I'll be excited if Kenny goes ahead and does rebuild instead of this guise that the 2012 team will somehow be contending for anything.

I disagree. On the pitching side of the ball we are pretty deep. I'd like to see KW get a young lefty bullpen piece in one of his trades to slide into Sale's role. I don't want to miss a beat there. And since we're going to have 6-7 guys that can throw a competitive 6 innings, we need to make sure we have a that shut down bullpen, which IMO we almost have.

If we arrange that offense right we can take the division easily with our deep pitching. No other team in the AL central can pitch worth a lick behind their stars IMO.

I'm at about a 3.14. Speaking of, I'm more interested in pie...you know with Thanksgiving coming up.

Depending on what happens with Buehrle, my excitement could increase dramatically or drop a bit. I am looking forward to the winter meetings. Hopefully the ball starts rolling and we have a better idea of what this team will look like in spring training.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
I'm at about a 3.14. Speaking of, I'm more interested in pie...you know with Thanksgiving coming up.

Depending on what happens with Buehrle, my excitement could increase dramatically or drop a bit. I am looking forward to the winter meetings. Hopefully the ball starts rolling and we have a better idea of what this team will look like in spring training.

I want that cheeseburger.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)

Dang it I was going to use pie as well. But there's enough pieces of the pie to pass around.

My excitement is blah right now. The current state of the Sox reminds me of the 1998-2000 era when we decided to go young in attempt to build young talent around Frank Thomas. This time they will try to do the same around Konerko.

The Mark Buerhle situation makes me super sad. It will be tough to get over that one if he indeed moves on. And by the looks of it- he indeed will do so.

I am excited to see what type of deals he makes in attempt to improve the clubs farm system and future.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 03:18 AM)
My excitement is blah right now. The current state of the Sox reminds me of the 1998-2000 era when we decided to go young in attempt to build young talent around Frank Thomas. This time they will try to do the same around Konerko.

The Mark Buerhle situation makes me super sad. It will be tough to get over that one if he indeed moves on. And by the looks of it- he indeed will do so.

I am excited to see what type of deals he makes in attempt to improve the clubs farm system and future.

It reminds me of the 86-89 era. I hope when they start playing that they don't remind me of 68-70.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 06:55 PM)

I need a long offseason to get up the want to see Adam Dunn and Alex Rios do anything again.

I'm at a 2 and it's not because my favorite Sox is gone, Ozzie.

I'm over that surprisingly. No one player (manager) is bigger than my love of the team.

But Beckham, Rios, Dunn, mostly the hitters' ineptitude of last season has had me at my lowest point in Soxdom in a long time.

Also the inability to beat the Central and all that.

I guess a few trades that make us contenders not rebuilders could make me get excited pretty fast.

The new regime should wipe out a lot of the crummy stuff like inability to beat the Central and inability to win at home and inability to actually put together a hot winning streak.

Robin had nothing to do with any of that, so it is a fresh slate for now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 01:45 AM)
I'm at a 2 and it's not because my favorite Sox is gone, Ozzie.

I'm over that surprisingly. No one player (manager) is bigger than my love of the team.

But Beckham, Rios, Dunn, mostly the hitters' ineptitude of last season has had me at my lowest point in Soxdom in a long time.

Also the inability to beat the Central and all that.

I guess a few trades that make us contenders not rebuilders could make me get excited pretty fast.

The new regime should wipe out a lot of the crummy stuff like inability to beat the Central and inability to win at home and inability to actually put together a hot winning streak.

Robin had nothing to do with any of that, so it is a fresh slate for now.

The new regime at least makes me have a glimmer of hope for Beckham, and I can't imagine Dunn having another year like 2011 (but I couldn't imagine him EVER having a year like 2011!). Rios just needs to stop being a lazy jackass. We'll have to wait and see if the new gropu has any effect on Dunn, Beckham, and Rios. If not, it's going to be a loooong season.