Your excitement level for the 2012 White Sox Pt.1

Cali

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Nov 27, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)

Ozzie is gone.

Dunn and Rios CAN'T play as bad as they did last year.

Hopeful about a Quentin trade and a full year of Viciedo.

Ozzie is gone.

I still believe in Beckham's potential and Morel progressing a bit.

Healthy Peavy.

Ozzie Guillen is gone.

Agreed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 20, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
Same here. I'm a pretty casual football fan. 16 Bears games a season, and I honestly still don't watch every one of them. I've never been a big Bears fan, and I think I've become disenchanted with the franchise. The more I watch them and the more I listen to the majority (not all) of fans, I realize they're way too much like the Cubs for me to care about them.

Every year I've liked the Bears more and more. Started liking them in 2005.

I try to watch every game that is on locally here in Toledo or on the national broadcasts. This year I got my highest total of 9. I'm really only die-hard Bears fan during the Sox off-season. NFL off-season is pretty meh to me, probably because I don't know a lot about other teams and other plays (except the stars and well-known players). But I agree that the Bears front office and most casual Bears fans have the same mindset of the Tribune era of the Cubs. "Who cares if we win or lose? They'll fill up Soldier Field every week regardless", and most casuals probably only know Urlacher, Hester, Forte and Cutler.

Blackhawks (probably third favorite after Sox and Bears respectively), like with the Bears, I'll eyeball them first half of the season, check the scores, check the standings, know the roster, but I really don't get sucked in until after the Bears end. Not because I don't care, but with school, work, etc takes up a lot of time (Bears play on my only day off). Maybe that makes me a bad fan. I don't know, I don't care. Same with the Bulls.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
About a 2.0, hence my season tickets are GONE!

Seems insane to buy season tix for this bunch. Wouldn't a 10-game plan suffice? If somehow they seem like they actually are into it in April/early May u could buy more tix.

If they are zombies like last year, u could pass and golf more and mow the lawn more.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 12:18 AM)
Seems insane to buy season tix for this bunch. Wouldn't a 10-game plan suffice? If somehow they seem like they actually are into it in April/early May u could buy more tix.

If they are zombies like last year, u could pass and golf more and mow the lawn more.

Classic, greg.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 12:18 AM)

Season tickets, for most, are not a season-to-season decision. It is usually more long term. For one thing, season ticket holders are usually going to be pretty big fans, who go to a lot of games even if the team isn't playing well. For another - and this is key - when you choose not to renew your tickets, you go to the back of the line in seniority. That means back of the line in terms of seat location, as well as other benefits.

That said, our group that shares a season plan did seriously discuss not renewing (we've had seasons since 2004). But we decided that, we always break even or better on the games we don't use, and the team seemed to make the right move firing Ozzie, so we elected to stick it out. We also have front row seats (UD) now, and we don't want to lose that.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Season tickets, for most, are not a season-to-season decision. It is usually more long term. For one thing, season ticket holders are usually going to be pretty big fans, who go to a lot of games even if the team isn't playing well. For another - and this is key - when you choose not to renew your tickets, you go to the back of the line in seniority. That means back of the line in terms of seat location, as well as other benefits.

That said, our group that shares a season plan did seriously discuss not renewing (we've had seasons since 2004). But we decided that, we always break even or better on the games we don't use, and the team seemed to make the right move firing Ozzie, so we elected to stick it out. We also have front row seats (UD) now, and we don't want to lose that.

Makes sense.

Thanx.