2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
If someone is going to put that much effort into a post, they deserve to be called stupid. It was a stupid post that was taking aim at something they clearly didn't read/weren't interested in reading. It was stupid.

edit: How many more times can I say stupid in the same post to get my point across? stupid stupid stupid

Man how I wish I could have back the hours I spent crafting those 2 sentences.

I read it. It's exactly what I thought it would be. An article trying to show that we should all cut LBJ some slack and that iso is stupid. But I don't really care what the stats say, game on the line I want my superstar taking the shot, not Udonis Haslem. You can't measure the emotion with statistics, Haslem can hit that shot all day long in the 1st quarter, no idea how he reacts with 2 seconds left.

Oh and you were 100% posting that in response to other posts & Rose, so bulls*** that you're just innocently passing along interesting articles.

Quit being so butt-hurt over everything.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:54 PM)
Oh and you were 100% posting that in response to other posts & Rose, so bulls*** that you're just innocently passing along interesting articles.

How on earth are Bulls fans this defensive? It's quite amusing.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)

How on earth are Wolves fans this annoying? It's quite amusing.

Seriously, stop being a dick.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 11:17 AM)
One disturbing trend I've noticed is the increase in Derrick Rose isolation plays to end quarters and games. The Bulls are at their best when they move the ball in these situations.

Derrick has hit some ridiculous shots as time expires the last few games. That shot last night was awesome. I still can't believe it went in... however, most of the 24 seconds he spent waiting for the clock to wind down, I was hoping something would develop. When Delfino pinched in to help Jennings on Rose, Deng was unforgivably wide-open.

Yes, Rose hit it. Yes, it was awesome, but man, when you have 24 seconds, that should not be the shot you take.

Anyway, just a rant. Just a COMPLAINT about Derrick Rose. Back to our regularly scheduled drool fest.

When you're playing for the last shot, you usually sacrifice a little bit in order for the opponent not to get a chance to tie or win. The shot was fine. They could have worked it around and found a lay up with 10 seconds left, and then might have lost.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
Can we stop including Boozer in any trade talk?

NOBODY WANTS HIM, WE'RE STUCK WITH HIM AND ANY POSSIBLE TRADE WILL PROBABLY INCLUDE ANY COMBINATION OF DENG, NOAH, GIBSON, WATSON OR ASIK AND PICKS.

/rant

No one wants him, no, but as a salary match with valuable draft picks he could.

/NOT TYPING LOUDLY

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)

Huh? My post is more about hating anything and everything to do with Lebron James and any opportunity to criticize him.

And I assume it's about as amusing as a fan for a small market team that will never amount to anything more than a low playoff seed + praying you get a Durant-like player in a draft.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
How on earth are Wolves fans this annoying? It's quite amusing.

Seriously, stop being a dick.

If someone makes a post that offers literally 0% insight into a topic, they deserve to have it called stupid. I expect the same type of treatment if/when I make those types of posts.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
If someone makes a post that offers literally 0% insight into a topic, they deserve to have it called stupid. I expect the same type of treatment if/when I make those types of posts.

My apologies, I was unaware jokes were outlawed in this thread.

Internet forums: serious business since 1994

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)

Dude, don't even go there...you would post "Kevin.Love." and nothing else last season, how is that insightful?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
H. Christ people.

+10000.

Who knew the NBA thread would be the nastiest one on this board.

Back to basketball, I hope everyone boos this s*** out of Howard tonight. And that he has a terrible game and the Bulls destroy them by 30. And that Boozer just stands there screaming "HEY." 2 of those three will happen tonight. Guaranteed.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
When you're playing for the last shot, you usually sacrifice a little bit in order for the opponent not to get a chance to tie or win. The shot was fine. They could have worked it around and found a lay up with 10 seconds left, and then might have lost.

A fadeaway one step inside the 3-point line isn't exactly fine. I understand you don't want the opponent to have any time left, but that's one of the worst shots in basketball.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
I'm proud to say I am not involved in the latest back and forth!! WOOO!!!

In other news... Bulls on TNT tonight. Love it.

Why do we get the junior varity TNT squad tonite? Not cool