2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
KCJohnson

Thibodeau said Rip will be re-examined on Tuesday. Players said Rip was in good spirits afterward but admitted it looked serious. #Bulls

Just trade for Ben Gordon.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 02:57 AM)
He can't have much value at this point, I know he is undersized but the Heat backcourt isn't exactly tall so could work.

Korver + Watson + Lucas for money.

Resign Mike James.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 01:03 AM)
Just trade for Ben Gordon.

Or Kirk Hinrich?

If we're gonna go the former Bulls players way, if we could somehow work a trade with Atlanta, I'd rather have Hinrich than Gordon because he's done a good job defensively vs Wade in the past and he could take a load off of Rose ball handling duties, not as explosive offensively as BG though.

Bulls FO gotta make a move, just can't count on Rip unfortunatly.

I did my taxes last night with the Bulls game on so I didn't get to join in on the up and down Soxtalk thread. This thread IS ridiculous when you come in and read a bunch of posts at once. I only now just realize it.

And I love it.

Anyway, Rip Hamilton is a bust. The dude is as fragile as they come. Anyone suggesting the Bulls toss off a combination of Watson and Korver so we can get Ben Gordon is just crazy. Ben Gordon is as fragile as Rip, and costs way more.

The Bulls need to get a 2 guard in here who can legitimately score and won't kill us cap wise. The usual suspects like OJ Mayo are out there. I really don't see Kevin Martin working under the cap, unless you can get the Rockets to take Rip, a pick, and more salary. Martin is in the doghouse and would be absolutely great here.

Another guy to target could be Marcus Thornton, unless the Kings with their new arena coming think he's a big key in a lineup with Cousins moving forward.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
Rose FT shooting in February and March: 69%. They played Miami at the end of January. Before then he was shooting 86%. Is it a psychological thing?

Eh, Rose FT shooting on season is over 80%. Things even out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 10:30 AM)
I did my taxes last night with the Bulls game on so I didn't get to join in on the up and down Soxtalk thread. This thread IS ridiculous when you come in and read a bunch of posts at once. I only now just realize it.

And I love it.

Anyway, Rip Hamilton is a bust. The dude is as fragile as they come. Anyone suggesting the Bulls toss off a combination of Watson and Korver so we can get Ben Gordon is just crazy. Ben Gordon is as fragile as Rip, and costs way more.

The Bulls need to get a 2 guard in here who can legitimately score and won't kill us cap wise. The usual suspects like OJ Mayo are out there. I really don't see Kevin Martin working under the cap, unless you can get the Rockets to take Rip, a pick, and more salary. Martin is in the doghouse and would be absolutely great here.

Another guy to target could be Marcus Thornton, unless the Kings with their new arena coming think he's a big key in a lineup with Cousins moving forward.

Since when is Ben as fragile as Rip? And doesn't he cost less than Martin, who no longer can do his "jump into defender to get to line" move?

Jason Terry ripped the Heat a new asshole last year. BG could do that this year.

Taking on that $1.5 million this year puts the Bulls in tax territory this year. That costs the Bulls their luxury tax payment of several million dollars, but then really hammers the Bulls in the next couple years when the repeat offender tax kicks in.

Please don't accuse me of caring about JR's pocketbook...this is just what the Bulls' GM will be looking at.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Taking on that $1.5 million this year puts the Bulls in tax territory this year. That costs the Bulls their luxury tax payment of several million dollars, but then really hammers the Bulls in the next couple years when the repeat offender tax kicks in.

Please don't accuse me of caring about JR's pocketbook...this is just what the Bulls' GM will be looking at.

Yeah, they resist the hell out of that. Good catch. You could probalby send them jimmy butler, too, since he gets no run. At this point though, you'll have the Rockets yawning unless they're getting that Charlotte pick.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
According to the Bulls, Rip Hamilton has a should contusion or mild shoulder strain.

Basically, he's a p****.

What is the point of that comment. The dude has played through injuries most of his career. They checked him out and I'm sure he'll be back in a week. Why the heck would the Bulls even ask him to come back in. They have one of the best records in the NBA and Rip is more important to the overall cause. I'm sure if it was the playoffs you'd have seen him back.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
What is the point of that comment. The dude has played through injuries most of his career. They checked him out and I'm sure he'll be back in a week. Why the heck would the Bulls even ask him to come back in. They have one of the best records in the NBA and Rip is more important to the overall cause. I'm sure if it was the playoffs you'd have seen him back.

Hell, at this point, we've already seen what happened when Rip Hamilton tried to play through one bruise...he missed the next month.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
What is the point of that comment.

The point of that comment was that Rip Hamilton is a p****. To elaborate, he took himself out of a game because he got bumped in the shoulder.

To elaborate further, I'm tired of Rip Hamilton being injured this year, and overreacted.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
The point of that comment was that Rip Hamilton is a p****. To elaborate, he took himself out of a game because he got bumped in the shoulder.

To elaborate further, I'm tired of Rip Hamilton being injured this year, and overreacted.

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you one throwing a fit because Hamilton was playing injured earlier this year?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you one throwing a fit because Hamilton was playing injured earlier this year?

Throwing a fit? No. I said he shouldn't have rushed back for selfish reasons against the Pistons in Detroit and against the Heat on national TV.

If the dude is going to get hurt when someone bumps into his shoulder (did you watch the game? did you see the impact?) then we have a problem.