2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 06:23 PM)
Not sure where this was reported, but it's not true. Magic had 2 games with at least 15/15/15 while Larry Bird had another. Doesn't make it any less impressive, but still. I'd also be shocked if Oscar Robertson didn't have more than a few, considering he averaged 30.8 pts, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game in '61-62.

The announers said that during the game. Hmph, thought they were pretty clear. Must have misheard, my bad.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcers can be stupid (and wrong). Portland's broadcast team said last night that Beasley averages four fouls a game despite playing not that much. He actually averages 1.9 fouls per game, or 2.7 fouls per 36.

As an aside, that Portland broadcast team is atrocious. Avoid them at all costs.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
Not sure where this was reported, but it's not true. Magic had 2 games with at least 15/15/15 while Larry Bird had another. Doesn't make it any less impressive, but still. I'd also be shocked if Oscar Robertson didn't have more than a few, considering he averaged 30.8 pts, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game in '61-62.

They probably missed fineprint that was something like *since 2000, or something like that

Espn has said a few variations of that stat tonite. It started off as "it has only been done 3 times in history, twice by Jason Kidd, and one tonite by Rondo", then in the pregame they said he was the third player to do it.

It doesn't surprise me that it isn't right and they can't find the correct answer.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
I think we're overrating Rondo's defense here.

He is overrated, yet at the same time underrated. His arms are ridiculously long for a guy his size to cause havoc not just in passing lanes, but man to man and is still solid on staying with his man at the top of the key even when said man gets penetration. He'll get burned by quicker PGs, but his high b-ball I.Q. understands when to gamble in certain curls or screens when a big man sets a pick.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
Espn has said a few variations of that stat tonite. It started off as "it has only been done 3 times in history, twice by Jason Kidd, and one tonite by Rondo", then in the pregame they said he was the third player to do it.

It doesn't surprise me that it isn't right and they can't find the correct answer.

Schwab must be on vaca.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
bulls ice cold right now

6ers getting all the calls away from the ball too (moving screens, awful traveling call on watson, over the backs)

Nice flop by Young.

Geez.