2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
How? Because he is tall? He has no above average skills.

Because there aren't very many good big men in the league at all. By default, if you're serviceable, you're valuable.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 03:11 AM)
Imagine how many more rebounds Omer Asik could get if he, you know, jumped.

Asik looks heavier this year than last year, and his agility seems to have been negatively impacted. Rose's layup in the 3rd when he flew by Elton Brand was just special.

It's promising to me that the Bulls are gutting out these W's and still playing well enough to win without having peaked. At the same time, you'd like to start seeing them play more complete 48 minute games.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
Not sure where this was reported, but it's not true. Magic had 2 games with at least 15/15/15 while Larry Bird had another. Doesn't make it any less impressive, but still. I'd also be shocked if Oscar Robertson didn't have more than a few, considering he averaged 30.8 pts, 12.5 rebounds and 11.4 assists per game in '61-62.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
They probably missed fineprint that was something like *since 2000, or something like that

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 4, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
Espn has said a few variations of that stat tonite. It started off as "it has only been done 3 times in history, twice by Jason Kidd, and one tonite by Rondo", then in the pregame they said he was the third player to do it.

It doesn't surprise me that it isn't right and they can't find the correct answer.

ESPN's bottom line just said he's the third ever player with a 15-15-20 triple double (joining the Big O and Wilt). That sounds more accurate.