2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
BTW, Boozers playoff stats in 4 seasons w/ Utah:

06-07: 23.5 pts, 12.2 reb, 2.9 ast, .536 fg%

07-08: 16.0 pts, 12.3 reb, 2.8 ast, .415 fg%

08-09: 20.6 pts, 13.2 reb, 2.2 ast, .528 fg%

09-10: 19.7 pts, 13.2 reb, 2.9 ast, .530 fg%

Last year w/ CHI:

10-11: 12.6 pts, 9.7 reb, 1.8 ast, .433 fg% in about in 6-8 less minutes.

His numbers took a big hit with that foot injury. Dude had no lift and with the style of game he has, he has to be able to elevate over someone. I couldn't begin to guess how many shots he got blocked last year.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 11:53 PM)
I was actually going to post the stats from every single game he's played vs the Lakers in the playoffs knowing you'd respond with EXACTLY this but I was too lazy.

Hint, his numbers aren't nearly as bad as you make it seem. He's played them in 3 series and he was pretty dominant in one. The fact that the Jazz lost all three series isn't entirely on Boozer. Pretty sure he averaged a double-double in all 3.

I didn't say the guy averaged 10 and 6. He had some good games. I can remember a 20/20 game one of those years. But the guy overall struggled against the length and athleticism of that Laker front-court. He rarely shot a good percentage and he was perpetually turning the ball over and in constant foul trouble. And scoring 25 one game doesn't mean as much when Gasol is getting 30 on the other end. Of course you can't lay it all on one guy for losing to the same team three years straight. But he was a big part of it. Ask Williamtell.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
I didn't say the guy averaged 10 and 6. He had some good games. I can remember a 20/20 game one of those years. But the guy overall struggled against the length and athleticism of that Laker front-court. He rarely shot a good percentage and he was perpetually turning the ball over and in constant foul trouble. And scoring 25 one game doesn't mean as much when Gasol is getting 30 on the other end. Of course you can't lay it all on one guy for losing to the same team three years straight. But he was a big part of it. Ask Williamtell.

DWill has to take a lot of the blame too, after all, they were his team.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 01:48 AM)
Dumping Ellis's contract

The Warriors would never have to dump Monta. They could absolutely get a quality return for him if they decided they were over him. Everything I've heard regarding the Warriors and Magic involves the Warriors trying to decide if they want to "rent a Dwight" in the hopes that he stays (which he wouldn't, obviously).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)

We're talking about the Heat front court now. And it's not as good.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...-boston-celtics

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Doc Rivers spent an hour and a half with president of basketball operations Danny Ainge before Wednesday's win over Milwaukee, but the Boston Celtics' coach says they never discussed trading point guard Rajon Rondo.

"In all that time we did not talk once about any trades," Rivers said. "There was not one single thing about Rajon Rondo that crossed my desk."

Mike and Mike in the Morning

The Boston Globe's Bob Ryan talks about why he doesn't expect Rajon Rondo to get traded, Rondo's inconsistent play, how the Celtics plan to use their salary-cap space this offseason, the 50th anniversary of Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game and more.

More Podcasts »

Rivers said Thursday afternoon he is irked by reports the Celtics were aggressively shopping his mercurial point guard and frustrated that his relationship with Rondo is being cited as one of the reasons Boston is willing to part with him.

"My relationship with Rajon is as strong as it has ever been," he said. "Our communication has never been better. I want him here. I can say with almost 100 percent certainty he will be here with us when the season ends. I'm tired of this stuff. It's not fair."

Ainge called Rondo the team's "best player" and reaffirmed on Thursday during his weekly call to Boston sports radio WEEI that he's not actively trying to trade the 26-year-old.

"He's our best player, he's the most important part of our future," said Ainge. "There's no way we're actively trying to trade Rondo. That makes no sense, no logical sense."

Ainge went on to note that another team could always bowl over the Celtics with an offer to obtain Rondo's services and admitted he couldn't turn down one that made the Celtics better, but concluded, "I've made zero calls to try to trade him, and I won't."

As the March 15 trading deadline inches closer, Rondo's name will continue to be brought up. Boston did use Rondo as trade bait in an attempt to acquire point guard Chris Paul during the preseason, but the All-Star veteran ended up in Los Angeles with the Clippers instead.

Team and league sources said that while the Celtics were willing to part with Rondo if it yielded someone of Paul's caliber, they are not actively trying to unload him. Two general managers initially involved in the Rondo-Paul trade talks as a potential third party confirmed Thursday they have not received any calls in recent months from Boston regarding the point guard.

"I'm very confident that Rondo knows what I think of him, what I feel about him as a player and how important he is to our team," Ainge told WEEI. "I feel like Rondo is making incredible strides as a player, as a leader, as a teammate, and as a player in every way -- offense and defense."

Rondo's uneven demeanor has been a constant topic of discussion throughout his career, from his days at Kentucky when he butted heads with then-coach Tubby Smith to his time with Boston. Early in his career, Rivers actually hauled Rondo into his office and informed him: "Your own teammates can't stand you. You need to fix that."

According to his coach and his teammates, Rondo took that advice to heart and tried to be more communicative with and responsive to his fellow Celtics. He, along with his more decorated Big Three teammates, went on to win a title in 2008.

"Rondo is a moody guy," one Celtics official said, "but so what? Stand in line. There's a league full of NBA guys who are more high-maintenance than he is.

"He's a real competitor, wants to get better and he's a real gamer. Doc loves the fact that Rondo will fight through anything to be out on the court."

In fact, Celtics sources said, if there is any friction regarding Rondo, it well could be between him and his veteran teammates, who have publicly conceded that this is now Rondo's team, but still become occasionally irritated with his antics.

His outburst Feb. 19 when he threw the ball at referee Sean Wright and was given a two-game suspension was not well-received, nor was his anger over his initial All-Star snub. Rondo eventually was named to the team to replace the injured Joe Johnson.

The Celtics will continue to listen to offers for all of their players as the deadline approaches, with veteran Ray Allen continuing to draw the most interest.

Ainge has consistently said he will always listen to offers, but added Thursday, "That's a lot different from saying we're shopping a player. We aren't. We are not out there trying to trade Rajon Rondo."

Jackie MacMullan is a columnist and reporter for ESPNBoston.com. ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg contributed to this report.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
+80

It's not like he was traded to the Bobcats. He ended up with the f***ing defending champs. He and Dirk together would be a match-up nightmare at that position. But noooooo. Crybaby Lamar didn't want to leave LA. Ever. Therefore he can't play basketball anymore.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
It's not like he was traded to the Bobcats. He ended up with the f***ing defending champs. He and Dirk together would be a match-up nightmare at that position. But noooooo. Crybaby Lamar didn't want to leave LA. Ever. Therefore he can't play basketball anymore.

Yeah. I mean, his wife is pretty hot and she was probably pretty upset, but get over it man. A - Dallas ain't bad, and B - they are the Champs.

What is sad is the Mavs could be looking great with Lamar beasting like we all know he can.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Yeah. I mean, his wife is pretty hot and she was probably pretty upset, but get over it man. A - Dallas ain't bad, and B - they are the Champs.

What is sad is the Mavs could be looking great with Lamar beasting like we all know he can.

The hell?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
The hell?

I thought the same thing. WTF is this site coming to when you run into "Snooki is the girl of my dreams" and "Khloe Kardashian is pretty hot" posts within the same week. Time to clean house

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
I thought the same thing. WTF is this site coming to when you run into "Snooki is the girl of my dreams" and "Khloe Kardashian is pretty hot" posts within the same week. Time to clean house

pretty hot =/= girl of my dreams

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
The super-high internet standards rear their ugly heads again.

I guess my only response is, "k".

My wife watches those trashy Kardashian shows, and one picture of her all glammed up doesnt change the fact that she is not attractive. I dont normally jump on people for who they find attractive, I just found this surprising from you, thats all.

FWIW, your wife shames KK :D

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 01:58 AM)
The Warriors would never have to dump Monta. They could absolutely get a quality return for him if they decided they were over him. Everything I've heard regarding the Warriors and Magic involves the Warriors trying to decide if they want to "rent a Dwight" in the hopes that he stays (which he wouldn't, obviously).

Yeah the Warriors have been mooting that on their end all season long, shows you how desperate they are for a quality big.

But now, Orlando looks to have decided that they want to see if they can add another piece at the deadline, which is obviously going to be very hard with the pieces they have.

FWIW, the Josh Smith rumors have started again also, and he was a guy that Dwight wanted to go after.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 05:54 PM)
Yeah the Warriors have been mooting that on their end all season long, shows you how desperate they are for a quality big.

But now, Orlando looks to have decided that they want to see if they can add another piece at the deadline, which is obviously going to be very hard with the pieces they have.

FWIW, the Josh Smith rumors have started again also, and he was a guy that Dwight wanted to go after.

It's so cute how you're really hoping Orlando can hold on to Dwight. I suppose I'd be in a similar state of denial.