2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
Khloe's dropped a decent amount of the chub, bro.

GYI0057433019_xxlarge.jpg

Jaw-line.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
I thought the same thing. WTF is this site coming to when you run into "Snooki is the girl of my dreams" and "Khloe Kardashian is pretty hot" posts within the same week. Time to clean house

This

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
The super-high internet standards rear their ugly heads again.

I guess my only response is, "k".

Khloe Kardashian is not hot. And I don't have high standards either.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)
Silence Snookie haters. That girl is all that. Plus she wakes up drinkin'. I love it.

I lol'd

J4L, I hope for your sake you don't drink nearly as much as you claim here or else you are headed straight for Mickey Mantle territory.:D

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
It's so cute how you're really hoping Orlando can hold on to Dwight. I suppose I'd be in a similar state of denial.

Cute? Yeah that's hilarious.

It's not fantasy either (if you read the Deron to Dallas stories post ASB), as much as you want Dwight to be in Chicago, that isn't going to happen and that's why people on here can't stand him.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)

It's not fantasy either (if you read the Deron to Dallas stories post ASB), as much as you want Dwight to be in Chicago, that isn't going to happen and that's why people on here can't stand him.

Yeah, that was a pretty inflammatory post to DBAHO, but I don't think he's staying in Orlando either. He's most likely headed to New Jersey, then Dallas.

And DBAHO, I can't stand him cause he's a f***ing child and just another "I want to be the best! Oh wait, my team isn't good enough? I want to be the best with my friends from other teams!" superstar.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
Yeah, that was a pretty inflammatory post to DBAHO, but I don't think he's staying in Orlando either. He's most likely headed to New Jersey, then Dallas.

And DBAHO, I can't stand him cause he's a f***ing child and just another "I want to be the best! Oh wait, my team isn't good enough? I want to be the best with my friends from other teams!" superstar.

That's prety much what an NBA superstar is nowadays, except for Rose and Durant, I'll give those 2 props.

Dwight just wants to be universally loved more than anything, he wants to have a say in the players the team he plays for acquires (hence why Otis Smith made the insane move of giving Big Bay a 4/26 deal).

The Nets have been the team everyone thinks he's going to, but to me, a lot of that depends on if they can keep Williams, because can you see Dwight winning a championship there in the next 2-3 years if he bolts? I don't.

As for the Mavs, they'll have to trade the likes of Marion and Odom in order to be able to have the cap-room for a Dirk-Dwight-Deron scenario which is easier said than done.

I think a scenario which is becoming more plausible is, he opts-in for 1 more season (if he doesn't demand to be traded by March 15), and then he can sign with one of buddies like Josh Smith in the 2013 off-season.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)

I like Dwight Howard.

I'd like him on the Bulls, sure. Who wouldn't?

I'm not the person to point a finger at clamoring to do anything to get him though. Get that right.

99-98, Heat down 1 to the Jazz, 4 seconds to go, Lebron gives the ball to Udonis Haslem for the game winning 17-footer. Brick.

1) Why is Lebron passing to Udonis Haslem?

2) Why didn't Haslem make the extra pass to the open guy on the wing?

3) Why the f*** is Haslem on the court in this situation?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 11:00 PM)
99-98, Heat down 1 to the Jazz, 4 seconds to go, Lebron gives the ball to Udonis Haslem for the game winning 17-footer. Brick.

1) Why is Lebron passing to Udonis Haslem?

2) Why didn't Haslem make the extra pass to the open guy on the wing?

3) Why the f*** is Haslem on the court in this situation?

4) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahashahaha

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
4) Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahashahaha

5) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

.ha

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
5) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

H

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

H

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A

H

A

H

A

H

A

H

A

H

A

H

A

H

A

H

A

H

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

.ha

6) repeat 4-5.

While LeBron was choking, this happened in fakeuniverseakamyps3.

rosevo.jpg

This is absolutely out of the ordinary, by the way. Rose averaged 32.3 ppg during the regular season and this was against the Magic in round 2 of the playoffs.

I am drunk.

Steve SMith on NBAtv last night nailed that play with Lebron. As soon as he got the ball, he knew he was passing because he took one dribble and bounce passed. Didn't try and create, go to the hole, get fouled. Nothing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
Steve SMith on NBAtv last night nailed that play with Lebron. As soon as he got the ball, he knew he was passing because he took one dribble and bounce passed. Didn't try and create, go to the hole, get fouled. Nothing.

Yup. The all-star game criticism was lame. Those passes were warranted, as he would've been forced into ridiculously low percentage shots. Last night was unacceptable.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Yup. The all-star game criticism was lame. Those passes were warranted, as he would've been forced into ridiculously low percentage shots. Last night was unacceptable.

Except for the fact that he threw a horrible pass. A ridiculously low percentage shot is better than throwing the ball away.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)
Except for the fact that he threw a horrible pass. A ridiculously low percentage shot is better than throwing the ball away.

But he wasn't criticized for making a bad pass. It could've been a perfect pass. He was criticized for not taking the last shot.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 10:24 AM)
But he wasn't criticized for making a bad pass. It could've been a perfect pass. He was criticized for not taking the last shot.

It would have been a lot more muted if he'd passed to an open guy for the GW bucket. Instead he threw it to 4 west defenders. He had an open but difficult shot, with no one else on his team in position to shoot, and he defaulted to passing anyway.

I'm one who always says that the isolation game at the end of a game is the worst play you can draw up, and that teams should run their offense. But if a guy has an open shot and the rest of the offense has broken down or been put out of position, you take that shot and then criticize the coach later for the fact that the offense broke down.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
It would have been a lot more muted if he'd passed to an open guy for the GW bucket. Instead he threw it to 4 west defenders. He had an open but difficult shot, with no one else on his team in position to shoot, and he defaulted to passing anyway.

I'm one who always says that the isolation game at the end of a game is the worst play you can draw up, and that teams should run their offense. But if a guy has an open shot and the rest of the offense has broken down or been put out of position, you take that shot and then criticize the coach later for the fact that the offense broke down.

But we're talking about LeBron James. After last year's finals, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in situations like that. Had that happened with anybody besides LeBron, there would've been nothing said about it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
It would have been a lot more muted if he'd passed to an open guy for the GW bucket.

No... well.. not to true peeps who have been getting on him about that for a long time now. Hell he's done that before (when it seemed like Mo Williams was the only one bailing him out for actually taking/making the shot and now DWade) but it's something he'll continue to have over him. He has the will/drive in final stretches, but not the killer instinct.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 3, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
But we're talking about LeBron James. After last year's finals, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in situations like that. Had that happened with anybody besides LeBron, there would've been nothing said about it.

You're right, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. When he's the clear best player in the league, his team isn't supposed to lose at the end of the game after he gets the ball in his hands.

When that happens...repeatedly...it's going to fall on him.