Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SnB @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 08:30 AM)
I'll be in Cleveland this week for work. The indians are out of town and I've already been to the Rock n Roll Hall of fame. Any recommendations?

Chicago is a five hour drive away. Seriously, Cleveland is awful. Sorry dude.

QUOTE (SnB @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 08:30 AM)
I'll be in Cleveland this week for work. The indians are out of town and I've already been to the Rock n Roll Hall of fame. Any recommendations?

Ask Joakim Noah.

yeah, watch it online, you can challenge that.

Sleepy Hollow/Dundee was sent out a city letter regarding our red light cameras, of the 19,000 camera shots taken, 90 resulted in citations, 17 were upheld.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
When the hell did Southern Indiana become Arizona?

Expected highs tomorrow-Tuesday: 103, 100, 98, 98, 98, 97

Probably about 90% less humid in AZ

Thankfully, we are supposed to have extremely low humidity with this heat, so it will be a lot like AZ.

Of course, this extremely high heat and low humidity coincides with the peak week for firework usage, so I'm expecting some kind of major fire in the area.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
Thankfully, we are supposed to have extremely low humidity with this heat, so it will be a lot like AZ.

Of course, this extremely high heat and low humidity coincides with the peak week for firework usage, so I'm expecting some kind of major fire in the area.

Yeah, despite the heat this year, the humidity has been pretty non-existent. If it hadn't been so dry, this hasn't been a bad summer so far.

Also we are in a burn and fireworks ban.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Yeah, despite the heat this year, the humidity has been pretty non-existent. If it hadn't been so dry, this hasn't been a bad summer so far.

It's only been summer for a week.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)

It's amazing how different 105F in California's central valley region (incredibly dry right now) feels from 95 around Chicago this week.

We can only expect things to keep on getting hotter over the years:

blog_days_over_100.jpg

edit: this site will tell you current drought conditions across the country:

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

edit2: Jesus, I didn't realize that Denver is looking at a record-setting fifth day of 100+ temperatures. And we're only in June.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
197770_443676955665956_1095298939_n.jpg

In 'Back to the Future' the date doc sets to go to the future is today. June 27 2012

False. Every year this pops up. It's Oct 2015.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
If thats true I feel violated and dirty

It is. In the movie, the Cubs have just beaten Miami for the World Series (or are playing in it, can't remember), ie it's October (and in the movie it displays the correct date on the machine).

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
197770_443676955665956_1095298939_n.jpg

In 'Back to the Future' the date doc sets to go to the future is today. June 27 2012

The sad thing is that it is almost "the future". The cool part is that the Cubs still have not won the world series.