Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
Did you run it? Do they have the video online?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
yeah, watch it online, you can challenge that.

Sleepy Hollow/Dundee was sent out a city letter regarding our red light cameras, of the 19,000 camera shots taken, 90 resulted in citations, 17 were upheld.

Yeah, I guess technically I did, but I didn't really have time to safely stop when it turned yellow. Plus there was a cabbie being a f***ing dick in the intersection but you csn't see it in the video.

The sad thing is that it is almost "the future". The cool part is that the Cubs still have not won the world series.

That doesn't happen until 2015, when they beat Miami. Of course, at the time the movie was made, there wasn't a team in Miami. Then they put a team in Miami, and I got a little bit nervous. But they called the team Florida and not Miami, so I felt better. Now they changed their name to Miami, so I've gotten a little more nervous. But they still play in the same league as the Cubs so they can't meet in the World Series. Now if before 2015 MLB realigns and it becomes possible for the Cubs and Miami to meet in the World Series, I'm building a bunker.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
Yeah, I guess technically I did, but I didn't really have time to safely stop when it turned yellow.

Oof, that argument didn't work for me. I got one for entering the intersection just past the yellow light, and you could see my brake lights as I tried to stop in the rain but was sliding, so I went through it. I was certain I'd win.

My $100 I spent on the ticket says otherwise.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
We typically don't have record-setting streaks of consecutive 100+ days in June.

We have a shot at the all time temperature record the next 2 days. Might get it by more than 3 degrees if forecast holds.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
How does 1 get an assisting a criminal charge if the guy he "assisted" didnt even get a felony...Is assisting a criminal even a felony??

Aiding and abetting type crimes are punishable in the same manner as the underlying offense.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
Aiding and abetting type crimes are punishable in the same manner as the underlying offense.

Ya I know, its just kind of a bummer that the guy who actually shoot a kid with a BB gun got no felony while I, the driver of the car did. I was 18 at the time.

We have a shot at the all time temperature record the next 2 days. Might get it by more than 3 degrees if forecast holds.

Official temp down here yesterday was 103, which was an all-time record for June. My car was registering 105 on the way home from work.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 08:04 AM)
Official temp down here yesterday was 103, which was an all-time record for June. My car was registering 105 on the way home from work.

Our forecast for today is 104-105, tomorrow 107-108. Last time I hit 108 was driving through Vegas/Death Valley in July.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)
Ya I know, its just kind of a bummer that the guy who actually shoot a kid with a BB gun got no felony while I, the driver of the car did. I was 18 at the time.

That sounds strange.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:11 PM)

Was the shooter not 18? If he was younger, that could have had an effect?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 07:51 AM)
Was the shooter not 18? If he was younger, that could have had an effect?

I know he was a year younger than me and I was turning 19 a month after it happened so he could have not yet turned 18 I'm not exactly sure and I dont associate with him anymore. I do know he's in the military now and when I tried joining they wouldn't let me due to my felony so he apparently does not have one.

Either he was 17 or he hired a lawyer, I think had I had a decent lawyer and not a public defender I coulda got away with at the most a misdemeanor....I knew he had the BB gun as we were on our wasy to Westville to shoot stuff in my cousins huge backyard, but I didnt know he was gonna be a douche and shoot a kid playing basketball. It's not like I slowed down or he was sitting in the front seat where I can see him doing it....Just a s***ty s***ty situation for me thats the definition of guilty by association.

Moving is exhausting, but it does give an odd sense of accomplishment. Just moved some things yesterday, today is all the big stuff (ie, the bed's getting moved, which means I'll now be at the new place). I've never moved within a city before; the new place is just 10-15 minutes away, whereas I'm used to moving 4-6 hours away. It's much easier, way more flexibility.