2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Anyone else watching this season's Ink Masters? Where do they find some of these people? Of the thousands of tattoo artists in this country, these are among the best? Half of them are awful.

Lol keep in mind a lot of artists stick to one type of tattooing and they aren't stuck to a time frame to get it done.... the competition probably brings the worse out. Also, I imagine the people invited to the show fit into the criteria of being interesting for people to watch.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 01:45 AM)
Boardwalk was decent, but not that exciting. Jillian's storyline with Indiana boy was good though. I had no idea where she was going with that, I just thought she was going to keep him around to fill Jimmy's void. But are they really that bad at identifying people 90 years ago that they can't tell he is a different person? I mean, it's not like she disfigured him or had him rot for a few weeks. Anyone should be able to tell that's not Jimmy.

I totally saw that whole story differently. I realize that Jimmy had to be declared dead for Jillian to be given control of the house. The way I understood earlier scenes were that it wasn't about finding his body, it was more about Jillian not willing to accept his death. That's why she kept saying "he's prone to long disappearances". That if she was just willing to admit that he is dead, they could make it legal. (it is the 20s)

While the whole thing with the Roger did help produce a dead body that looks like Jimmy, I thought that was all about Jillian mentally. She finally was ready to admit Jimmy was gone, but she wanted one last fun sexual romp with the love of her life "Jimmy" so that's what it was mostly about. Obviously she is sick like that.

After hearing other people talk about it, it seems like my thought process is wrong, but it makes sense to me.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
I totally saw that whole story differently. I realize that Jimmy had to be declared dead for Jillian to be given control of the house. The way I understood earlier scenes were that it wasn't about finding his body, it was more about Jillian not willing to accept his death. That's why she kept saying "he's prone to long disappearances". That if she was just willing to admit that he is dead, they could make it legal. (it is the 20s)

While the whole thing with the Roger did help produce a dead body that looks like Jimmy, I thought that was all about Jillian mentally. She finally was ready to admit Jimmy was gone, but she wanted one last fun sexual romp with the love of her life "Jimmy" so that's what it was mostly about. Obviously she is sick like that.

After hearing other people talk about it, it seems like my thought process is wrong, but it makes sense to me.

I was more along this thought process as well. I didn't even know she was trying to make this look like the real Jimmy...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 31, 2012 -> 11:35 PM)
My god, what a stupid episode of Revolution.

I disagree. The show still isn't great, probably average at best, but this was one of the better ones. Charlie looked nice in that dress at least. Unfortunately she's still sinking this show. Partly her acting, partly the s***ty writing. They need to decide if she's going to be a balls to the wall bad ass, or a moping sissy. She changes depending on the plot line.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
I'm surprised at how much television is watched by people on this site.

This too. I think outside of baseball, I don't watch much television. If I do, normally it is sports. If not, it is either History/NatGeo/Science or CNBC

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)
This.

The only shows on networks I watch are The Amazing Race, Survivor, Parks & Rec, and Modern Family.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
That's 4 more than me.

Parks & Rec is one of the best comedies in years. You're missing out on that one.

And I've always had a soft spot for Amazing Race as well. Love travel and foreign cultures so I envy the contestants on that show when I tune in.

And I never watch it live (I catch up on hulu usually), but for some reason I've really enjoyed Grimm

The only show I keep up with regularly is Sons of Anarchy. I feel like I'm missing out when I hear everyone talking about all the other shows I don't watch though. Things like Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead. I just don't have the time to watch them.