2012 TV Thread

knightni

GREAT episode of Boardwalk. What a fantastic season. I'm still confused about how Masseria knew Owen was coming though. At best Lucciano could describe what he looked like and warn him that a hit attempt might be coming, but would that really have been so easy to spot? Owens death, while telegraphed given he and Margaret's plan to "escape," still seemed a bit abrupt and not explained all that well. I was hoping for some kind of a flashback to explain what happened, but maybe not.

Hopefully Richard doesn't die. It looks like he's about to go all Matrix-style on Gyp's crew.

Lastly, what happened to Margaret? Wouldn't Gyp try to go after her and the children right away to flush Nucky out?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
GREAT episode of Boardwalk. What a fantastic season. I'm still confused about how Masseria knew Owen was coming though. At best Lucciano could describe what he looked like and warn him that a hit attempt might be coming, but would that really have been so easy to spot? Owens death, while telegraphed given he and Margaret's plan to "escape," still seemed a bit abrupt and not explained all that well. I was hoping for some kind of a flashback to explain what happened, but maybe not.

Hopefully Richard doesn't die. It looks like he's about to go all Matrix-style on Gyp's crew.

Lastly, what happened to Margaret? Wouldn't Gyp try to go after her and the children right away to flush Nucky out?

When the crate arrived, Margaret and her kids were put on a train immediately.

Did they ever explain where Gyp gets the liquor from? He seemed to suddenly be able to take over the liquor supply rather easily.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)

Did they ever explain where Gyp gets the liquor from? He seemed to suddenly be able to take over the liquor supply rather easily.

I think his connection with Joe Masseria has enabled it, I think Masseria has helped fund his operation.

There was also that scene at the coastline, where the crates of booze were flowing in, I wonder if he has an import connection, maybe through Canada?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)

Was that explained? I must have missed that. I thought the end of last week's episode was just Margaret screaming. Either way, that's a reasonable assumption.

Yeah they've glossed over Gyp's alcohol supply. Initially it was stealing from Nucky, but at some point he was able to start importing it near Atlantic City.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Was that explained? I must have missed that. I thought the end of last week's episode was just Margaret screaming. Either way, that's a reasonable assumption.

Eddie told Nucky. This episode took place just after the events of the last one. They were just getting rid of the crate at the beginning.

Yeah they've glossed over Gyp's alcohol supply. Initially it was stealing from Nucky, but at some point he was able to start importing it near Atlantic City.

He made a deal with Bill "the real" McCoy. Remember he said, "Everything of mine is bigger than Nucky's."

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 27, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
There are still a ton of problems with the show, but I agree it's gotten a lot better and it's a lot more fun to watch now.

Yes, but now there is reason to watch the show besides it just being cool to have a tv show with zombies.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
Anyone still watching SONS?

Tonight's episode left me speechless.

For those who dropped it, they've missed the best 5-episode stretch in that series' history.

I was REALLY close after the Goggins debacle, but I am SO glad I stuck with it.

Holy crap Homeland was good. This season has been so intense, I was surprised at the end when they said there were three episodes left. Though I agree with Greenwald at Grantland - suspending disbelief about certain plot points is getting a little more difficult. You do it because the story itself is so good and the characters and actors are so good. But reality is basically out the window now.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)
Holy crap Homeland was good. This season has been so intense, I was surprised at the end when they said there were three episodes left. Though I agree with Greenwald at Grantland - suspending disbelief about certain plot points is getting a little more difficult. You do it because the story itself is so good and the characters and actors are so good. But reality is basically out the window now.

The characters on the show are great. I have never been as intrigued by two different characters on one show as I am with Carrie and Brody.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 28, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
For those who dropped it, they've missed the best 5-episode stretch in that series' history.

I was REALLY close after the Goggins debacle, but I am SO glad I stuck with it.

I just don't see how they wrap up all the loose ends in one final 90 minute episode. I've got a feeling it's going to end in some sort of cliff-hanger that leads into next season. Kinda like they did when Abel was kidnapped.

My guess is that they keep the retired US Marshall around as the main antagonist for next season since they introduced him so late.

Boardwalk Empire:

Thinking about the season finale, it's obvious that either Nucky or Gyp has to die. They killed off Jimmy last season, do we think it's possible that Nucky gets killed? Then season 4 has Gyp and/or Capone as the main characters? I think they could carry the show.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 12:16 PM)
Boardwalk Empire:

Thinking about the season finale, it's obvious that either Nucky or Gyp has to die. They killed off Jimmy last season, do we think it's possible that Nucky gets killed? Then season 4 has Gyp and/or Capone as the main characters? I think they could carry the show.

I'd be shocked if they let Buscemi go, unless he's ok with it. They've said before that they won't necessarily stick with the real life history of these people, but that would be getting rid of the main character in the show. If anything I bet we lose Gillian and the Gyp/Capone/Nucky battle continues into next season. Gyp became too good of a character to lose.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
I'd be shocked if they let Buscemi go, unless he's ok with it. They've said before that they won't necessarily stick with the real life history of these people, but that would be getting rid of the main character in the show. If anything I bet we lose Gillian and the Gyp/Capone/Nucky battle continues into next season. Gyp became too good of a character to lose.

After how intense the Gyp/Nucky feud has gotten, I just have a hard time seeing it continue into next season. Once more & more bodies start dropping, what else can you do? They call a cease-fire and talk s*** from seperate parts of town?

Gyp is such an awesome character, it would be awesome to keep him around, that's I wonder if Nucky is a possibility to go.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
After how intense the Gyp/Nucky feud has gotten, I just have a hard time seeing it continue into next season. Once more & more bodies start dropping, what else can you do? They call a cease-fire and talk s*** from seperate parts of town?

Gyp is such an awesome character, it would be awesome to keep him around, that's I wonder if Nucky is a possibility to go.

I'm guessing Nucky takes back AC and Gyp retreats to New York with Masseria. I get what you're saying that there has to be some kind of conclusion, but given the amount of power Gyp has, and the amount of goons he has, I find it hard to believe he'd just show up at a gun fight and get killed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)

Gyp is a great character but he is made to be a little too over the top to focus the show around. My thought is Richard gets him because he does something stupid to Jimmy's kid.

I like the Richard storyline and hope next year he is more involved to take over the Owen role.

At some point when you kill too many people off the show is not what you originally got into. This is happening with Sons of Anarchy. You begin to lose interest in a show if the characters you like are no longer there. The SOA plot is as good as ever but if the characters do not fit the roles, the show is no looking interesting.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Gyp is a great character but he is made to be a little too over the top to focus the show around. My thought is Richard gets him because he does something stupid to Jimmy's kid.

I like the Richard storyline and hope next year he is more involved to take over the Owen role.

At some point when you kill too many people off the show is not what you originally got into. This is happening with Sons of Anarchy. You begin to lose interest in a show if the characters you like are no longer there. The SOA plot is as good as ever but if the characters do not fit the roles, the show is no looking interesting.

I think when you start killing off a dozen major characters, it should be within the last two seasons of a show. Anytime before that, and you're restraining yourself.