2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
I can't imagine Deb risking her life to get Dexter to break up with Hannah. I mean, she was hanging upside down in her car in a ditch for christsakes. Yeah, I get Deb setting up Hannah, that makes sense, but not in such a dangerous fashion. She could have drank the bottle right as she got to Dexters, collapsed, and then she'd be in the hospital either way, making a claim against Hannah. Doesn't make sense to risk your life for that.

Also, why the hell wouldn't Dex just KILL Hannah? She knows everything about Dexter. She could easily get back at Dexter by telling everyone his methods, what he does, etc.

Consider Deb is a by the book never miss a trick cop who wanted Hannah in jail. Why wouldn't she mention the water that Dexter found in her car? She knew Dexter would look for it and have it tested. I don't think he killed Hannah because he actually loves her.

I do think the preview showing Dexter getting arrested is a dream sequence, but I have the feeling he will get arrested during the show but somehow the charges won't stick.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Consider Deb is a by the book never miss a trick cop who wanted Hannah in jail. Why wouldn't she mention the water that Dexter found in her car? She knew Dexter would look for it and have it tested. I don't think he killed Hannah because he actually loves her.

I do think the preview showing Dexter getting arrested is a dream sequence, but I have the feeling he will get arrested during the show but somehow the charges won't stick.

If Deb was so slick, she would have drank the bottle and then thrown it out the window, not left the evidence in her car that she was about to possibly get in to a fatal accident in.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 14, 2012 -> 05:57 PM)
If Deb was so slick, she would have drank the bottle and then thrown it out the window, not left the evidence in her car that she was about to possibly get in to a fatal accident in.

Again, she left it so Dexter would think Hannah did it.

Kind of a weak Challenge this season, those rookies sucked, but the final looks pretty damn intense. I hope Vegas or Devyn's boobs win it all.

On a side note, MTV's lineup of shows is just utter & complete trash, I can barely handle the commercials. (I forward through them on DVR but you still see parts of them)

Well, my wife was wrong. No dream sequences though, everything we saw, happened.

And bye bye LaGuerta

End of season thoughts:

-Really good comeback season after multiple lackluster seasons and poorly finished seasons.

-I was happy to see Dexter get to use his table more this season, it seems like that was missing a lot previously.

-The Kashka brotherhood storyline was rushed. Isaak Serko should have been a chess game badguy for Dexter, instead he was brought in and ushered out in 4-5 episodes

-Quinn is boring as hell. Even when he was doing crappy and illegal things for his stripper girlfriend, he was boring.

-I dont think the "Deb is in love with Dexter" storyline is gone. I think Hannah comes back and truly makes Dexter choose next season.

-it sucks that we have to wait until next September for the final season.

Great last scene on Dexter. Stuff is out of control for the last season. Not like they can just go back to work the next day and pretend nothing is wrong.

And once again, Survivor picks a lame winner. Ugh.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
I like how HIMYM tied up the last few episodes together.....

and I'll never stop laughing at Robin's "DAMMIT PATRICE!!!"

I was hoping it would get yelled at the end of the proposal scene. I was also hoping there would be another hint of the "mother" at the end of the episode... Either a glimpse of the yellow umbrella, or Ted finally meeting her, or something.

I'm trying to figure out how I feel about the Homeland finale. Do I care that Brody is now known world-wide as a terrorist? Not really. Dude did help kill the Vice President after all. Carrie's just kind of a psycho. I think as cool as it was for the boom explosion to happen, the show is really grasping at straws to keep going with the same two main leads.

Dexter- I totally called it about Deb NOT drugging herself to frame Hannah. Like I said, WAY too risky to almost kill yourself to break up the relationship. It didn't add up. Did not see that scene of Dex getting arrested actually happen though. They conditioned up to pick up on dream sequence previews, that they tricked most of us. Nicely done.

Homeland - I liked where it was going until they tried to make us believe Langley, the CIA headquarters, would somehow not have cameras on its parking lots, especially a camera of the front of the building. I mean, maybe that will come out Ep. 1 of next season to clear Brody's name in at least the moving of the car aspect of it, but I can't imagine they wouldn't have cameras to prove someone else took Brody's car and parked it there. Also, how the hell do they give Carrie a PROMOTION after all that? Yeah, he has great instinct, but she doesn't follow orders and is an emotional mess. Fully re-instate her, but don't give her a promotion, that's farfetched.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Dexter- I totally called it about Deb NOT drugging herself to frame Hannah. Like I said, WAY too risky to almost kill yourself to break up the relationship. It didn't add up. Did not see that scene of Dex getting arrested actually happen though. They conditioned up to pick up on dream sequence previews, that they tricked most of us. Nicely done.

I thought it was poor writing, Hannah drugs Deb, doesn't kill her, Dexter sets her up, Hannah goes to jail but won't snitch on Dexter because she's madly in love with him. Please.

Homeland - I liked where it was going until they tried to make us believe Langley, the CIA headquarters, would somehow not have cameras on its parking lots, especially a camera of the front of the building. I mean, maybe that will come out Ep. 1 of next season to clear Brody's name in at least the moving of the car aspect of it, but I can't imagine they wouldn't have cameras to prove someone else took Brody's car and parked it there. Also, how the hell do they give Carrie a PROMOTION after all that? Yeah, he has great instinct, but she doesn't follow orders and is an emotional mess. Fully re-instate her, but don't give her a promotion, that's farfetched.

I think out of all the things that happened in the show Carrie getting a promotion is the LEAST far fetched.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
but I can't imagine they wouldn't have cameras to prove someone else took Brody's car and parked it there.

If you're referring to the video, I got the sense that Nazir's posse sent that video directly to the news - and not that it was provided by what's left of the CIA.

The bomb took out most of the building so I think it's safe to assume it took out the cameras/equipment too.

And I believe Carrie was promoted by Saul since he mentioned something about Estes being pissed off about it. Considering she ended up capturing Nazr, it would make sense that she would get promoted, even if she was/is banging an American terrorist. Which brings me to my other complaint - how is she going to explain leaving for a day or two?

Season 3 just needs to be about Carrie and Saul trying to find Brody. And Brody should be a small character, much like Nazr was. Maybe near the end of the season bring him back, otherwise make it random video clips or pictures being analyzed by Carrie. My biggest issue with season 2 was the love stuff between the two of them. I could buy Carrie's side, but not Brody's. So the less of that stuff they show the better.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
Season 3 just needs to be about Carrie and Saul trying to find Brody. And Brody should be a small character, much like Nazr was. Maybe near the end of the season bring him back, otherwise make it random video clips or pictures being analyzed by Carrie. My biggest issue with season 2 was the love stuff between the two of them. I could buy Carrie's side, but not Brody's. So the less of that stuff they show the better.

Season 3 will likely be about them needing to find Brody and then use him to infiltrate the new turd who took over for Nazir.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
The bomb took out most of the building so I think it's safe to assume it took out the cameras/equipment too.

And I believe Carrie was promoted by Saul since he mentioned something about Estes being pissed off about it. Considering she ended up capturing Nazr, it would make sense that she would get promoted, even if she was/is banging an American terrorist. Which brings me to my other complaint - how is she going to explain leaving for a day or two?

No way, this will definitely be part of the plot. Their video/network equipment is buried deep underground in very blast proof containers, there is going to be video of his car at some point revealed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
No way, this will definitely be part of the plot. Their video/network equipment is buried deep underground in very blast proof containers, there is going to be video of his car at some point revealed.

I still have a suspicion that he was involved.

His meeting with Mike in the bar when he asked Mike to keep looking after his family because he couldn't.

Brody and Carrie sneak out just in time.

They went to the office where they could see the car parked where it was...I still don't know about that, there was something strange about that.