2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)

I don't remember the cow making any noise but i might not have had my tv up loud enough. i think it would have been much better if they would have shown a shot of Dale in the background looking at the cow and have the walker sit up from the tall grass.

Maybe the walker wasn't moaning and screaming was because he had just eaten??? only thing i could come up with.

The cow made noise. It was moaning because it was not dead.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
The cow made noise. It was moaning because it was not dead.

I think it's safe to assume that given the world they live in, and the stuff they've been through, Dale should have seen the disemboweled cow and immediately suspected a walker was around.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)

I think it's safe to assume that given the world they live in, and the stuff they've been through, Dale should have seen the disemboweled cow and immediately suspected a walker was around.

He did. A second too late.

I think that is the point of the scene. Dale was armed, if he would have even taken a second of precaution and been holding the gun ready to fire, he would have lived. But instead he was acting completely nonchalant, with the rifle on his shoulder.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 10:43 AM)
This is about Walking Dead.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe Dale was distracted by the moaning cow, which made it so that he did not realize the Walker was close. Basically his mind interpreted all of the noise as coming from the cow. (Imo it was to show that they had become to comfortable/safe at the farm. Dale with a gun is caught off guard by a single walker. Not to mention the irony of saving the other person only to have Dale killed.

I think they also wanted the storyline of Carl feeling responsibility for the death, as it was his shenanigans that resulted in the Walker being freed and coming to the farm.

That's actually a very good explanation, and I'm going to go with it.

I loved Dale in the first season, but they really let his character lack this year. His character might now be better used in death than the writers were allowing in life.

I'm glad that Daryl was the one with the strength to do what needed to be done at the end.

One thing I don't understand is the lone zombie's ability to take down a giant steer. Also, why did it go after Dale if it was still eating this gigantic amount of food? I'm pretty sure they've shown zombies being distracted by a current meal (Otis) so that they leave another person (Shane) alone.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)

I think that is the point of the scene. Dale was armed, if he would have even taken a second of precaution and been holding the gun ready to fire, he would have lived. But instead he was acting completely nonchalant, with the rifle on his shoulder.

I can go back and look at it later but i thought he did drop his rifle into a shooting stance. problem was when he turned around he was grabbed. maybe if he had a handgun he could have used it in close range.

Handguns dont' kill people...zombies kill people. Handguns kill zombies. haha

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)

The rifle wasn't on his shoulder. He was holding it.

I only watched the episode 1 time so when I was trying to recall I thought that he had the rifle on his shoulder still.

I think the cow was caught in either mud or wire, and that is how the Walker got it. Which is also why the Walker caught Dale off guard, at first glance it wasnt entirely clear what was going on. But the bottom line is that its better to be safe than sorry.

As far as character shake ups go this wasn't one of my top picks. Dale may have been annoying, but I think it would be more interesting to see Shane die. Heck, even though I like Hershel I think having him killed would shake things up enough to bring some interest. I never thought of Dale as a core character so as far as significant deaths, I put this low on the list.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
If the episode already aired, stop talking in black blocks! I hate the show and don't watch anymore but must confess, I read to see what is going on thru your posts!

I'm a fan of the spoiler tags until a few days after.

In an interview on the E network a show runner for TWD was talking about the final two shows of the season and said Carl was going to factor into them heavily and hinted it being something along Carl's comic book storyline.

I am not familiar with the comic books so not quite sure what she could have been hinting at.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 12:32 AM)
In an interview on the E network a show runner for TWD was talking about the final two shows of the season and said Carl was going to factor into them heavily and hinted it being something along Carl's comic book storyline.

I am not familiar with the comic books so not quite sure what she could have been hinting at.

If you really want spoilers, there's news about a potentially huge storyline change but I won't be more specific than that. If you want to know, it can be googled.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 12:42 AM)
If you really want spoilers, there's news about a potentially huge storyline change but I won't be more specific than that. If you want to know, it can be googled.

Can you just post it in spoilers here, thanks.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
Can you just post it in spoilers here, thanks.

MONSTER MONSTER SPOILERS

DO NOT LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT BIG SPOILERS

In the comics, Carl shoots Shane in the head. This actually happens very early in the comics, but the show kept Shane around much longer. I'd guess the Shane vs Rick feud is going to come to a head and that's when Carl will kill him.