SOXOBAMA's opinion: Payton > Jordan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
So i guess your answer is a no that you haven't seen him played.

You take trolling to a new level. I've seen plenty of game film. The best running back of all-time in football (which he isn't) can't hold Jordan's jock.

Jordan is > all. Forever.

You take trolling to a new level. I've seen plenty of game film. The best running back of all-time in football (which he isn't) can't hold Jordan's jock.

Jordan is > all. Forever.

So giving my opinion is trolling? According to many NFL experts Walter is the best RB of all-time.. So you are going to give me your opinion based off game film.

I never knew giving an opinon or rooting for my fav football in the NFL thread is consider trolling.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
So giving my opinion is trolling? According to many NFL experts Walter is the best RB of all-time.. So you are going to give me your opinion based off game film.

Which has nothing to do with Michael Jordan.

Your trolling is that you are giving your opinion(which you tried to present as fact in your original thread title), then trying to tell everyone they are wrong by using the lame "so did you ever see him play?" line of reasoning.

I could say "did you ever see MJ play?" but I dont have to. The guys career and titles speak for themselves.

Which has nothing to do with Michael Jordan.

Your trolling is that you are giving your opinion(which you tried to present as fact in your original thread title), then trying to tell everyone they are wrong by using the lame "so did you ever see him play?" line of reasoning.

I could say "did you ever see MJ play?" but I dont have to. The guys career and titles speak for themselves.

MJ had an amazing career and IMO he is the 2nd best Chicago athlete. Walter career speaks for himself as well

http://top100.nfl.com/all-time-100

What is with people these days?

Walter Payton or Jordan, there is an argument to made for both. Just like some people can argue MJ isnt the greatest basketball player or that Payton isnt the best football player.

There is no definitive way to determine best ever, so what are people freaking out about?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
What is with people these days?

Walter Payton or Jordan, there is an argument to made for both. Just like some people can argue MJ isnt the greatest basketball player or that Payton isnt the best football player.

There is no definitive way to determine best ever, so what are people freaking out about?

The fact that you asserted you could somehow tell.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
MJ had an amazing career and IMO he is the 2nd best Chicago athlete. Walter career speaks for himself as well

http://top100.nfl.com/all-time-100

6 vs. 1

I understand that it is easier for one player to dominate a game in the NBA than NFL but Jordan just wouldn't die and would not lose. That Magic series in 95 was something that motivated him for the next 3 seasons. It is not even close.

6 vs. 1

I understand that it is easier for one player to dominate a game in the NBA than NFL but Jordan just wouldn't die and would not lose. That Magic series in 95 was something that motivated him for the next 3 seasons. It is not even close.

You're totally right MJ had a great heart and passion for his sport but so did Walter.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

It's hard for me to see the argument of Payton over Jim Brown or Barry Sanders. Sanders and Brown are the only guys that averaged 100+ yards a game in their careers. Both guys averaged at least 5 yards a carry for their careers. For me it would be...

1. Barry Sanders

2. Jim Brown

3. Walter Payton