SOXOBAMA's opinion: Payton > Jordan

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 03:00 AM)
There is absolutely no way to determine who the best football player of all time is. Every position has a completely different role and theyre judged by completely different skill sets.

That's why the only sport with a unanimous GOAT is Basketball, because all five positions can do the same thing.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 19, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
It is not. I sure don't care about post counts.

I just get irked when people are so sure about something for which they are completely uninformed. You are so sure wrestling isn't a sport yet you have no information to base this idea upon. By the way just to clarify the situation, I hope you realize I am not talking about the TV type, WWE wrestling.

This is just my opinion but I consider it an informed, educated opinion.

I have never wrestled in my life and have no interest in watching it but from what little I have seen and been told about MMA if you know how to wrestle you can pretty much kick some serious ass. I am not sure how it is not the exact definition of sports as I believe it is the oldest recognized sporting event and it takes smarts, strength and quickness.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
Racing is a very physically and mentally demanding sport.

They may be athletes but they shouldn't be no where near the GOAT atlhlete's discussion.

I drive alot and I'm still fat (not huge, but I need to lose 20 lbs).

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 09:24 AM)
I have never wrestled in my life and have no interest in watching it but from what little I have seen and been told about MMA if you know how to wrestle you can pretty much kick some serious ass. I am not sure how it is not the exact definition of sports as I believe it is the oldest recognized sporting event and it takes smarts, strength and quickness.

It's kinda gay looking, maybe because it started in Greece?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
They may be athletes but they shouldn't be no where near the GOAT atlhlete's discussion.

I drive alot and I'm still fat (not huge, but I need to lose 20 lbs).

An F1 drivers fitness regime would destroy many athletes.

The average heart rate during a 90 minute race is 170 bpm. They have to withstand 3+ g's in turns. Theres a tremendous amount of force transmitted through the steering wheel, requiring a very strong upper body and arms. And you are doing it in 140°+ heat.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
Only sport of the big four*

D'oh. Forgot Hockey...

All sports have different skill sets for different positions , big difference between what a Center does to what a PG does as in what a starting pitcher does to what a SS does...even in hockey.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
All sports have different skill sets for different positions , big difference between what a Center does to what a PG does as in what a starting pitcher does to what a SS does...even in hockey.

When I said that I meant that all 5 players can score, rebound, assist, block, and steal.

My bad.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Hockey doesn't have that. Obviously the goalies can't really score, and plus defensemen are always farther back and don't score as many goals as forwards.

As in hockey has an undisputed GOAT.

I'm going to shut up now.