Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
I did not see the Ravens curb-stomping the Steelers. I figured that'd be a close game.

I have two quarterbacks on my roster, and they both played in that game. Unfortunately for me, I started the wrong one.

Seriously, Roethlisberger had more tackles (2) than TDs (1). Never had that happen to me before.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
Watching Steve Smith torch the Cardinals one-on-one with no safety help over the top is hilariously ironic, seeing as how Ron Rivera is coaching the Panthers now.

Watching Rex Grossman torch the Giants is hilariously ironic, seeing as how Rex Grossman is a starting QB in the NFL again this year.

I'm interested to see if anyone is going to give credit to Roy Williams for his blocking. I noticed him just man-handling his CB on a couple plays that allowed our guys to get better yardage (including the Hester screen pass). I can't believe I'm saying this, but we're going to miss him if he's out for awhile with this groin injury. He made a difference today in both the running and passing game.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
I'm interested to see if anyone is going to give credit to Roy Williams for his blocking. I noticed him just man-handling his CB on a couple plays that allowed our guys to get better yardage (including the Hester screen pass). I can't believe I'm saying this, but we're going to miss him if he's out for awhile with this groin injury. He made a difference today in both the running and passing game.

Roy Williams had a really good game.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
I did not see the Ravens curb-stomping the Steelers. I figured that'd be a close game.

cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

Twitter blackout ... done with you people!!

lol, I love the columnist running like a little b****. Joe Cowardly indeed.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
I just don't know what Cam Newton has done to earn all the hate he gets.

Lots of things. Academic cheating at Florida, felony charges of burglary, larceny, and obstruction of justice. Pay for play at Auburn. Comments like “I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon."

Here is what one NFL draft writer wrote about him.

Under "negatives" for Newton, Nawrocki writes, "Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."