Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)
Poor John Elway. Tebow has been absolutely horrendous 4 of the last 5 games, but everyone will remember the playoff win, winning streak, and media coverage.

It's really not a hard decision right now. He has a unique skill set back there that wouldn't really have been recognized at all had they not tried him out, and QB's take time to grow. Give him a full offseason and try to put something around him to help him (especially at the WR spot).

The best thing that he has going for him is that whether they go 3-13 or 13-3 next year, the Broncos won't fire him. Especially for deciding to give Tebow another year to sell out the ballpark.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
cant say i blame the broncos for getting into a fight like that. punting on 3rd down with your QB? id destroy someone too if i was on the field probably

Might as well have done it on first down. Hilarious.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
It's really not a hard decision right now. He has a unique skill set back there that wouldn't really have been recognized at all had they not tried him out, and QB's take time to grow. Give him a full offseason and try to put something around him to help him (especially at the WR spot).

The best thing that he has going for him is that whether they go 3-13 or 13-3 next year, the Broncos won't fire him. Especially for deciding to give Tebow another year to sell out the ballpark.

IMO his unique skill set has shown that you won't win the Super Bowl with him unless you have a Ravens type D. I'm sure Elway would rather bring in a rookie QB or Flynn-type guy, but now people are gonna expect Tebow to get the job.